Need A Pleco

Noa123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2017
I currently have a nano tank and desperately need another pleco. Right now I have a L162, but all it does is hide and only comes out during water changes since I clean his hiding spot. Also in that tank are various shrimp(cross breeding), cpos(the aquarium I got my pair from were raised in a shrimp tank and never bothered them), various tetras, various cories, a baby ufo loach(it will be moved when it’s full grown), and feeder snails. Which pleco would be small enough to remain 4” besides L162 and will alsoget along with the tank mates?

Noa123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2017
"Nano tank and pleco", and "need and pleco" don't sit well with me....

Why do you need a pleco? Or do you just want a pleco?
I had a common pleco in it temporarily(when we got it, it was too small to put in with my bigger fish so I kept it in my nano one) and now that it’s out of my nano tank I can’t get the tank to look as good as it did. The tank looks cloudy, but the ph and everything is still the same. There’s been no rise or drop in ammonia or anything and when I told my local fish breeders, they suggested I get a pleco that will remain small enough to keep in my nano tank.

TwoHedWlf

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2017
New Zealand
maybe a female bristlenose. That's the closest of the common ones. Really though, I'd suggest something more like an apple snail.

Noa123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2017
maybe a female bristlenose. That's the closest of the common ones. Really though, I'd suggest something more like an apple snail.
Thank you. I’ll see if I can get an Apple snail, I currently have a bunch of Rams horn to use as feeders, a few neralite snails, a mystery snail, and an ivory snail. Will the Apple snail be safe with them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store