My new endlicheri

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
View attachment 1334943 View attachment 1334944 View attachment 1334945 View attachment 1334946 I’ve never seen a poly this small but it was a $20 steal and I’ve been looking for one for quite a while so I pulled the trigger on it. It’s about 3” max so it’s in a 10 gallon tank while I get him on food and pellet trained. It’s just a small temporary tank until he’s big enough to go into the main tank with my ornate.
I picked up this endlicheri on Tuesday and it’s now Thursday, still no bites on food. I tried crushed massivore yesterday and finely chopped market shrimp today.
Don’t mind the white gravel, I know it’s not the best for his color. Like I said, just a temporary grow out tank.
Also I love the “rule out drugs...”

Reactions: Rob909

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Have you tried either blood worms or brine shrimp? If you have those on hand I find they can usually pick up a good smell of that it might entice it to chow.
I’ve got tons of blood worms, I feed them as a treat from time to time. That will be a good way to get some food into him. I don’t have any brine shrimp. May have to pick some of that up. I do market shrimp and misis. I don’t know if that’s good for freshwater but my reedfish loves it.

Reactions: Matteus

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Mysis is good! Blood worms seems to be a good choice to get them eating. Try soaking pellets in blood worm juice and feeding those too.
Also carnivore pellets, all mine took to eating within a day with those. You may have to break them up a bit if he's that small.

Reactions: clm08k and Matteus

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
Mysis is good! Blood worms seems to be a good choice to get them eating. Try soaking pellets in blood worm juice and feeding those too.
Also carnivore pellets, all mine took to eating within a day with those. You may have to break them up a bit if he's that small.
I tried broken up massivore pellets, mysis, chopped market shrimp, and blood worms so far. Haven’t seen him eat but he’s swimming around a bit more now which is a good sign. I wanna just see what he eats first, get some weight back on him, then I’ll switch him over to everything else.

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Have you tried garlic at all? I keep hearing it helps but I still have yet to see it make any difference. Wondering if any of you guys have had success with it?

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
I haven’t tried with this one. If I get desperate I’ll try it out. It’s supposed to entice fish to eat from the added flavor/smell. And some say it helps ward off external parasites because just like when you eat garlic, you sweat it out. They say the fish excrete it through their skin as well and parasites won’t attach themselves. I feed my saltwater fish a pellet with garlic. (Not because of the things mentioned above, but because that’s what’s available and cheap haha) Walmart has garlic flavored bait worms that I accidentally got for my fire eel once. Didn’t notice too big of a difference on feeding response but he already really loved bait worms.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store