how to tell when my jd pair

huntery18

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
hey guys i have four jack dempseys and they are about 3 and a half inches, recently they seem to all be on edge keeping up towards the center of the water column. one i can identify is definitely female the other 3 i can not tell, how do i know when a male has paired up with my female, i have been noticing a slight bit more of aggression everyone seems to chase everyone when they are to close to each other, no fin biting of any sort yet though. i can take a video and upload it if you need to see the behavior.

Andy woods cichlids uk

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2015
Two will hang out together and chase the others, but not each other. Believe me you will just know. When it happens it will just seem obvious. Good look. Just keep watching them.

huntery18

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2018
Two will hang out together and chase the others, but not each other. Believe me you will just know. When it happens it will just seem obvious. Good look. Just keep watching them.
i have noticed two hanging out and keeping the other two away from them but if i stand up or anything they shoot to cover , my three others are literally identical so telling whos actually paired is confusing

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store