Fish you would love to keep but can't.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Top three would be jag cichlid, Florida/spotted gar and/or a group of fronts.

I don't plan ever setting up a tank big enough for these fish.

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
I'd also love to keep an Arapaima if I had a olympic swimming pool and didn't live in upstate NY.

Reactions: Abyssalisk

Crazy mike

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2012
Vacaville,California
The two I'd love to keep but can't would be Dovii and Umbee sadly none of my tanks are anywhere big enough. Sadness

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
No tanks yet, its an all day event just getting basics like food brought to the island.
And its quite a learning curve figuring out normal life.
Luckily (or in some cases not) in my yard I'm constantly surrounded by plenty of wildlife.
View attachment 1226516 View attachment 1226517 View attachment 1226518
Auratus darts are beautiful but shy. Darts are really interesting to keep and make such nice enclosures. Terribilis always made for an interesting convo.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I'm jealous of your tap water. I have to use crushed coral to get that ph.
For me tank space limits what I can keep. I want some of the same fish as you Frank, and other large CAs, like dovii.
But one fish I have had a hard time keeping and growing out to an adult size is a male salvini. I had 2, but lost them to bloat. I never had them get past 4",but females I have gotten to 6". I think a 8" male salvini would be an impressive fish.
My water comes out 8.2 lol/

My fish are probably African pike, large knifefish and asian arowana or inscriptus. I can't really afford to set up more tanks at the moment

Reactions: cichlidfish

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
Dovii (obviously), Mbu puffer (amazing personality and colour) and GATF (the most monster of monster fish!)..

aztsm

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Arizona
For me I think it's more about tank size and placement in my home. There are many species Id like to keep but my house is fully furnished and I just don't like to stuff a tank anywhere I can fit it anymore. It needs to integrate well with my home and I just don't have the space for it really. Maybe when the kids move out. Id love to have 3 huge tanks, 300g+ with a nice harem of fish in each. Stalsbergi, rivulatus, texas. All biotope, display tanks.

Large pair of festa, dovii, midas... beautiful fish but I just don't think I could dedicate a huge tank for them. Maybe someday.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store