3.5" tubular steel

mike b

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
hamilton, ohio
WOW youve totally embraced "Go monster or go home" that is so sweet Im extremely jealous not only of the huuuuuge tank but the building of the fish room to your specs, guess Ill go get some lottery tickets :nilly: seriously though that is awesome cant wait to see the end product of all your work

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Pharaoh;4021598; said:
I'm sure you could have probably used 2.5" and been fine. Heck, you could have used wood as well.

I agree.

No big deal though, darn your stand is to strong lol. :headbang2

One less thing to worry about

Edit: Didn't realize how old this comment was............ sorry about the post.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Hey Pacu Mom I have been away working 6-7 days a week since I moved to Monterey so I am not around here as much. But I still got my Endli tank. Congrats on the progress ! You are getting there!

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
tcarswell;4676492; said:
Hey Pacu Mom I have been away working 6-7 days a week since I moved to Monterey so I am not around here as much. But I still got my Endli tank. Congrats on the progress ! You are getting there!

Taylor, you're an overachiever! You know what they say about all work and no play.... Anyway, am glad to hear you still have your tank.

Yes! We're finally making progress. Plumbing inspection this coming Monday. Electrical stuff is coming along. Got 17 or 18 6" cans in place for the recessed lighting in the fish room, plus another five 4" eyeball cans which will be directed towards the tank.

Found these lights at an electrical supply this week (Actually, they only had the 4 tube unit)

We're going with five of the 4-T5 tube units over the tank.

UPS made another delivery today

Got Reeflo Hammerhead, Tarpon and Barracuda Gold pumps this week, still waiting for another Barracuda Gold purchased through a different vendor. Will post pics of my filtration on your thread when it's all done----although none of it will be under my stand. :) You won't mind, will you?

Don't be a stranger on this forum!

Susan

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
nes999;4677000; said:
Thanks, for sharing where you aquired the lights at!
YW! That one rigged up light illuminates quite an area. It was on while the plumbers and electrician were working yesterday. Everybody stayed working late---that's never happened before. The light is already paying off! :) :)

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
Finally home!

The sump is level and so sturdy, that we decided not to put it on the stand we made for it. It's basically in place between the two floor drains. 1" marine plywood on top of the stand. We're a long long way from setting up anything, but having the stand almost in place puts us a little closer to our goal.

The plan is to slide the tank onto the stand and then move tank and stand into place just in front of the sump. Once the tank is moved in, we can finally enclose the front. The physical structure is basically going to have to be completed before we can think about filling the tank :(

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
looks great,have you got any kind of idea when the whole build will be completed?
Makes my planned 9x4.5x3 feel like a sump for yours lol

steve

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store