~475 Plywood Build

TexasMFK31

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
Looking good, I like the fish as well. 190g is gonna be a nice size for the discus. What's the rest of the plans for the plywood 475? Going to skin it with some finish veneer or paint it?
Going to paint it, probably a black or charcoal color. Not entirely sure what I'm going to do with the stand itself.

TexasMFK31

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
Needing some advice/input guys. For my filtration, I have 2 2" drains out of my back wall and into my sump. There is an internal overflow box that covers these drains. I have just the flat strainers on the bulkheads, but this system is loud......how can I quiet this down? Any and all advice is welcome.

Thanms

Reactions: Matteus

TexasMFK31

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
Look into full syphon. That if you can get it to work would br best.

Twentyleagues, I've researched and I think that would be a good move. My issue is going to be, I need to remove my overflow box to get 90s in the bulkheads and extend my overflow box. Would it be ok to remove it and put my media in the big tank with a wave maker circulating water through the media while I make this change? Or is there another way I could reattach the overflow other than silicone?

Thanks

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Yes that's perfect. I'm unsure on your overflow but I think silicon is going to be best. Yes media in the tank would be fine. I don't remember how, what, you used for your overflow box but sounds like it maybe a big job but id say better now, my 180 is loud and I'm not happy with it and it's fully stocked to change it is really gonna suck.

TexasMFK31

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2017
Yes that's perfect. I'm unsure on your overflow but I think silicon is going to be best. Yes media in the tank would be fine. I don't remember how, what, you used for your overflow box but sounds like it maybe a big job but id say better now, my 180 is loud and I'm not happy with it and it's fully stocked to change it is really gonna suck.

Appreicate the reply. I will work on getting it installed next weekend. Get 2 threaded 2" 90s 1 facing down and the other up to have the backup. I also have my "overflow" which empties the tank out for the autodrip system. I wonder if wrapping the pipes in insulation would help some as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store