720 plywood aquarium build

vincel892

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2019
Sorry for the delay in updates. Tank is finally up and running. Fish have been transferred. Unfortunately, had two huge bass jump before I was able to transfer :(. Looking to stock with more kelberi, a datnoid, and a pair of bd rays.

Realized I need more flow towards the bottom. Poop is getting stuck there. Considering an expensive wavemaker vs an inline set up just for floor. Can't go with the cheaper wavemakers because the magnets don't go through 3/4" thick glass.

Other than that, just need to finish the outer trim of the stand to make it look nicer. .

Will get some videos and pics asap

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Looks great. Great work! I saw in the beginning you were questioning how much overlap your glass would have on the plywood. How many inches did you decide on?

pocono

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2021
yes update on how things have been going with this setup would be awsome,great build by the way

Reactions: Bbuckley

vincel892

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2019
Here's a update on this tank. Tank has been going strong since my last update. My snow gar ended up getting spooked and unfortunately broke it's back. It also ended up killing my female BD ray, so I moved it to a separate 180 gallon for now. Still don't know what I'm gonna do with it.

I also lost one of the Oscars randomly. The current stock include 3 large kelberi, 6 smaller kelberi (will likely move some after they grow out), 1 large Azul, Oscar, male BD ray, two Indo datnoid. Just purchased a flagtail which is quarantine right now.

I'm looking to maybe add another BD ray and asian arowana after thinning out some of the kelberi stock.

Tank maintenance is not too difficult. I do a 24/7 drip system so new water is always being added and then a bigger water change every 2-3 weeks. I clean the glass with a long handled microfiber mop during these larger water changes.

Almost all are eating Hikari massivore except the largest kelberi and one datnoid. This is the most frustrating part. Have considered separating the datnoid to aggressively pellet train but I don't want to set up another tank right now.

20210715_001331.jpg20210715_001329.jpg20210711_191548.jpg

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store