75 gallon Firemouth species only Tank

FiremouthGem

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2014
Pennslyvania
Ammonia and nitrites At 0, nitrates however spiked to 40-60ppm with a bright Red. I have a feeling my cycle either just stalled or its back to square one ,i ran out of bottled Ammonia from Dr.Tim’s couple of days ago doing the 3 drops a gallon as of said in the guides. Would a water change bring the nitrates or would it do more harm then good?

Reactions: lp85253

FiremouthGem

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2014
Pennslyvania
alright going to pick up some Water spangles to try to naturally lower the nitrates, I have a question though could I use the planted Hornwort to pen the plants in more towards the back? To allow the red ludwigia to have the light it needs (I think it's the more demanding plant?) along with the banana plants.

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
Ammonia and nitrites At 0, nitrates however spiked to 40-60ppm with a bright Red. I have a feeling my cycle either just stalled or its back to square one ,i ran out of bottled Ammonia from Dr.Tim’s couple of days ago doing the 3 drops a gallon as of said in the guides. Would a water change bring the nitrates or would it do more harm then good?
I would do more water changes to get the nitrates down.

Reactions: lp85253

FiremouthGem

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2014
Pennslyvania
Did a 50% change with seachem prime and got 7.8ph, 0ppm ammonia, nitrite 0ppm and Nitrates at 20ppm i also have water spangles coming 2nd pf oct.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store