abei came in today

ride1226

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
San Diego
Sure thing. I will get you some pics in a few minutes. Just tossed Mr Abei a few and omg did he love them. Scarfed right up and now hes prancing around with a big fat belly hanging under him. Thats enough feeding for the day haha. Have to wait till that belly deflates a bit.

ride1226

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
San Diego
This guy chomped his first one in half then grabbed the two bits, then bit the end of his second and let it wriggle around while he sucked it down. Looked like he loved it and the fat little belly showed how much he enjoyed the new food. I hope now I can get him to grow a bit with a nice variable healthy diet.

Still wish I had the area and tank to get a Fahaka. One day... when I have my own place.

ride1226

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
San Diego
I just got done feeding the little guy his breakfast this morning. He scarfed down 3 worms real quick and then went to his little full belly/sleeping spot. Then five minutes later comes swimming out and pukes it all up and swims away leaving chewed worm bits everywhere. WTH?! Kinda weird.

Then he comes back to the glass like he wants me to feed him more. I dont think so. Not with that behavior.

ride1226

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
San Diego
Could be possible, but I think one of the worms gave him a belly ache because when he spit it out it was still wiggling. He didn't chew enough, then went back and massacred everything he spit up.

davew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
uk
i've seen mine do that if i overfeed him, he is so greedy he will eat till he pukes if i let him, he never touches the stuff he pukes up either.

ride1226

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
San Diego
Yea I think Im gonna cut him back a worm that way he doesnt do that again. The key is getting my dumb dumb to actually notice me put the worm in the top. Half the time it gets stuck in the current and disappears somewhere and then I have to retrieve it and try again. Im sure after awhile he will notice im feeding him and start begging at the glass.

davew

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
uk
he will soon realise when it's feeding time, mine spots the little bowl that i put his food in as soon as i walk through the door and then he starts going nuts :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store