Accidentally dumped too much food in tank

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
sister in-law

Let's not add to the confusion. lol
Well there you go, that's my head cabbaged, can't even get my facts right now!

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Kashif314 Kashif314 Just in case you feel that I am somehow picking on you, this 100 gallon tank (that I have yet to see any pics of?) started out as a pipe dream, you didn't even own such a tank. Then it went from planning a cycle, to using bio media from your LFS (which most advised against for obvious reasons) than back to how to cycle, then it was planned for a flowerhorn, then blood parrots with African cichlids (as though there are only one type or species of African cichlid) then, you asked about buying a highly stressed C. moorii at your LFS, then as of just YESTERDAY you were asking about how many frontosa you could put in this 100 gallon, AND asking about Hikari food, and again referencing "African cichlids" as though all several hundred species (close to 1,000 combined) found in the Rift Lakes are herbivorous (they are NOT).

Am I missing anything, that was just off the top of my head?
Umm you forgot the cloudy tank syndrome, just saying.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Well I know when I'm beat -- dang, Kashif's got more than twice as many subs as I do! :(

And I'm not questioning he has a tank, he clearly does, but looking over all his videos, and all the various species of fish he has apparently kept over the last couple of years (in the same tank) -- incl. african butterflys, archer fish, green spotted scat, dwarf rainbows, gold gourami, elephant nose, denison barbs, German/Electric blue rams, glass fish, tiger barbs, banded cichlid, black ghost knifefish and various shrimp -- how can he possibly not understand the basic cycling process, or how to use heaters in tanks, or what causes a cloudy tank?

Also I have to say I am a wee bit curious as to what happened to all those fish but I'm kinda scared to know....Not trying to be Sherlock Holmes and always willing to help others but something seems juuuust a little fishy.

Last edited:

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Well nothing says that all the fish photos are of his fish. And I'm not trying to imply that this guy is or is not genuine, regardless of his apparent lack of expertise.

This is just the first thing that popped up when I typed his username into Google.

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Well I know when I'm beat -- dang, Kashif's got more than twice as many subs as I do! :(

And I'm not questioning he has a tank, he clearly does, but looking over all his videos, and all the various species of fish he has apparently kept over the last couple of years (in the same tank) -- incl. african butterflys, archer fish, green spotted scat, dwarf rainbows, gold gourami, elephant nose, denison barbs, German/Electric blue rams, glass fish, tiger barbs, banded cichlid, black ghost knifefish and various shrimp -- how can he possibly not understand the basic cycling process, or how to use heaters in tanks, or what causes a cloudy tank?

Also I have to say I am a wee bit curious as to what happened to all those fish but I'm kinda scared to know....Not trying to be Sherlock Holmes and always willing to help others but something seems juuuust a little fishy.
You don't need to be sherlock Holmes too work out what happened to all his fish. His sister in law probably overfed them!

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Well nothing says that all the fish photos are of his fish. And I'm not trying to imply that this guy is or is not genuine, regardless of his apparent lack of expertise.

This is just the first thing that popped up when I typed his username into Google.
Well I specifically only chose the videos where the title said "My...." and excluded those where it didn't (e.g. discus, planted tanks, etc.). Note too that the fish species vids I reference above all have the same tank background (whereas others like discus etc. are different).

And gotcha, like you Ulu buddy I actually don't know if the guy is genuine or not, in fact it could be possibly be another family member using his name/accounts, as he/she has used the term "dear" in a good number of replies to threads/posts we've tried helping with. Anyway hopefully our advice will help steer whoever it is into good fish keeping practices because from the latest videos they appear to be basically back at ground zero with that tank.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Oh . . . :duh: phoo . . .

I missed the notes which said "my fish". I didn't go over his whole business. I don't like FB enough.

Reactions: islandguy11

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
good vacuum with a water change and you should be good, I would,nt mess with the media.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store