African Biotope - 80 gallon frag

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
Still in absolute disbelief and frustration, I woke to no Odoe in the tank. No big deal, probably managed to get herself in the overflow as others have. Nope, even drained the pvc lines and took a flashlight to them, nothing in the overflow area/tubing. I now check the floor, maybe it got out through the HOB opening. Nowhere on the floor, I check the HOBs, nothing. But my PBB sure is fat… is this really possible? I’m dumbfounded right now. I even have a 2.5 inch Senegalus that has made it still, the pike was bigger and much faster. I’m so confused and frustrated as to how this could even happen or if it happened. I even checked the floor again before this post because it makes no sense. Did my damn pike walk right into its mouth??? Hao Hao

• Wow
Reactions: Deadeye

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Night time is lj snack time. Never trust a lower jaw. Probably really shouldn't trust most polys with anything they might possibly in a very slim chance fit in their mouths.

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
I lost a 2” peacock bass to a 5” Senegal, I couldn’t believe that either but it’s belly couldn’t lie, to this day I have no idea a) how it caught it or b) how it got it in its relatively small mouth.
Sorry for your loss.

Potato Patatto

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2020
I lost a 2” peacock bass to a 5” Senegal, I couldn’t believe that either but it’s belly couldn’t lie, to this day I have no idea a) how it caught it or b) how it got it in its relatively small mouth.
Sorry for your loss.
I am not happy to hear that but relieved someone else has experience something strange like this. i am starting to think the only way it could’ve happed was the pike rammed into the glass, stunned or seriously hurt itself, and the bichir had easy pickings. Unlikely yes, but all of this is.

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Still in absolute disbelief and frustration, I woke to no Odoe in the tank. No big deal, probably managed to get herself in the overflow as others have. Nope, even drained the pvc lines and took a flashlight to them, nothing in the overflow area/tubing. I now check the floor, maybe it got out through the HOB opening. Nowhere on the floor, I check the HOBs, nothing. But my PBB sure is fat… is this really possible? I’m dumbfounded right now. I even have a 2.5 inch Senegalus that has made it still, the pike was bigger and much faster. I’m so confused and frustrated as to how this could even happen or if it happened. I even checked the floor again before this post because it makes no sense. Did my damn pike walk right into its mouth??? Hao Hao
What size are your bichirs and odoe?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store