All glass 11ft

Winfield92

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2017
Nomad
The filteration will be a 7Lx3Wx1H glass sump with a jebao 6500 as a return pump, seeing as the fish will be within 5-6" I don't want a massive turn over just yet, but once they start putting on some weight that pump will be upgraded to 10000. I will be doing 2 weekly water changes 100 gallons per change so a total of 200 gallons
I could totally be getting caught up with the ratio of changed water to total tank volume (basically a 25% weekly water change) but with that stock list that seems a little small. If you're going this big why not do some sort of drip?

bigfish 2017

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2017
I could totally be getting caught up with the ratio of changed water to total tank volume (basically a 25% weekly water change) but with that stock list that seems a little small. If you're going this big why not do some sort of drip?
Hi the aquarium is 3114 litres/ 822 US gallons or UK gallons 685. So 200 UK gallons per week is a third of the tank and at the fish current size 4-6" it'll be ok, plus I don't have stingrays, arowanas yet, u only have a pair of red tiger jaguar cichlid, pair of red tiger Oscar's, pair of albino red tiger Oscar's, and 2 Clownknifes, all are between 4-6inches and currently in a 4x2x2 aquarium, it'll be a couple months probably May or June before I start the 11ft up so by then they'd be larger but 8 fish in a 3114 liters aquarium I'm sure will do fine. But I total understande that with more fish there's more waste and a larger water change will be required.

bigfish 2017

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2017
Is it just me or does 15mm glass seem to be a bit thin for this size tank? My 220 is made with 16mm glass.
Hi, as mentioned earlier the glass was 19mm which was brilliant however due to the height and width I was advised only 15mm was needed by the aquarium Manufacturers, the base has a euro brace which is 12inch wide and 43inches length there are 4 off these and a central brace at 30inches by 36inches built around the internal overflow, hopefully their clear to see in the pics. I was a bit worried about the 15mm glass but all the braces are 15mm as well so it looks sturdy enough, plus I visited the aquarium Manufacturers store and they had a 16ftLx5ftWx2.5H all glass built in 15mm and was running for 6years no leaks or problems, so I'm confident mines can be built in the same way.

Jez1992

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2015
UK
Nice tank, who built it?

I agree on pump, I use 12000 jebao on a 7x3. Reckon you need at least two 15000's mate.

bigfish 2017

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2017
Thanks for your
Nice tank, who built it?

I agree on pump, I use 12000 jebao on a 7x3. Reckon you need at least two 15000's mate.
Thanks for your advice will bare it in mind, regarding the jebao pumps. The company that are building it are called river monsters UK they are a great bunch lots of experience between them, friendly company.

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
Is it just me or does 15mm glass seem to be a bit thin for this size tank? My 220 is made with 16mm glass.

The main measurement that determines glass thickness is height. Hydrostatic pressure is an interesting thing. The height of the water column affects the pressure, not the width or length.

Soooo....

His tank looks ok to me with 1 pane of 15mm. Everything else is thicker so that puts his safety factor even higher.

suckerfish

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2005
LAGASH
Nice tank!! Are they really going to drill the holes after it's all assembled???? Crazy to me, then again, I've never built a glass tank from scratch! Can't wait to see it full and running.

bigfish 2017

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2017
Nice tank!! Are they really going to drill the holes after it's all assembled???? Crazy to me, then again, I've never built a glass tank from scratch! Can't wait to see it full and running.
Yeah that seemed odd to me that drilling was going to be done after assembly, but they've built loads off aquariums so surely it must be ok. I cannot wait to get things up and running, I reckon by May I should have it all running, I'm ordering rocks from Japan so once I have all the aquarium wood and rocks I'll start it up. My original aquarium size was 16ft Lx4ftWx4ftH but due to the realistic maintenance off the aquarium I didn't want to make it difficult for myself to get into the aquarium if I needed to so a height off 2.5ft seemed enough. As for the length I had to compromise with my fiancée who wanted 20ft but due to the rear house extention being slightly shorter in length we decided to go for 11ft. It's still pretty big, we both just wanted our fish to feel at home so to speak. It's all good.

Reactions: Poly Pinni
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store