All glass 11ft

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Those three big panels on the top,are they removable?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hi, and yeah all 6 plus the 2sides can be removed, for feeding or maintenance
Cool.The tank looks great but in that last photo the front view looks really narrow,maybe that is due to the photo angle?

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Quick question, I've heated aquariums before, but what would you guys suggest, I'm open to suggestions, the aquarium Manufacturers suggested a 3kw pond heater, but I'd rather use 2 x 1000watt heaters or maybe just 2x500watt as it's in the living room and it'll be the initial warming up at the start to get it where it needs to be where I suppose the heaters will be switched on but I can't see the temperature fluctuating thereafter. Let me know your thoughts.
I would go with 2x1000watt heaters, it gives you some redundancy if anything goes wrong.

bigfish 2017

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hi all, I decided to get a 3000watt pond heater, just arrived today, this should warm up the water pretty quick and hopefully won't need to stay on for more then a 10min a day once the aquarium is warmed up due to such a large volume of water. It's got a built in thermostate and can be plugged into a regular plug socket. DSC_3451.JPG DSC_3452.JPG

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Hi all, I decided to get a 3000watt pond heater, just arrived today, this should warm up the water pretty quick and hopefully won't need to stay on for more then a 10min a day once the aquarium is warmed up due to such a large volume of water. It's got a built in thermostate and can be plugged into a regular plug socket. View attachment 1248843 View attachment 1248844
If I were you, I would still put an external controller on that heater. 3000W could really mess up your tank if it ever gets stuck on. You will probably have to use a controller with a relay because I don't know of any that can handle 3000W. I could be wrong though.

bigfish 2017

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2017
If I were you, I would still put an external controller on that heater. 3000W could really mess up your tank if it ever gets stuck on. You will probably have to use a controller with a relay because I don't know of any that can handle 3000W. I could be wrong though.
Hi, the plug that will be used is directly wired into the main switch box in my house, the wiring is capable of 32amps which I used have used on my double oven. So those two separate circuits can individually handle 32amps. As for the pond heater thermostate, that's a good point if it ever stays on, however it will be plugged into a timer to ensure it only comes on a maximum of 20mins a day. I'll be keeping a close eye on how it manages the water temperature. Hopefully the built in thermostate is good and the large volume of water stays at a steady temperature so even when the timer allows the heater to turn on, it might not have too. Hope that makes sense. I've rewired my entire house so I definitely understand the different loads each circuit can handle.

dgsxdad

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2007
San Francisco
Beautiful tank and congratulations on the big build! I might use this heater as well, please give a review of the quality after its running. Cheers

dgsxdad

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2007
San Francisco
Beautiful tank and congratulations on the big build! I might use this heater as well, please give a review of the quality after its running. Cheers
Please disregard the review for myself at least for the heater, I just realized it is a European based company for 220 Volt. Again Beautiful tank!

bigfish 2017

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2017
Please disregard the review for myself at least for the heater, I just realized it is a European based company for 220 Volt. Again Beautiful tank!
Hi, the heater comes with a 2pin plug, I have to order a 3pin UK adapter rated at 13amps, I'm sure there's other models that have different voltage. The UK voltage for houses are 240v so we'll see what happens

Reactions: Hendre
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store