Baby monster fish

outta kontroll

Feeder Fish
Oct 29, 2016
Hi I am new to the site but have a nice 75 gallon setup with some baby monster fish. It has a glass bottom with rocks and lots of places to hide and my fish so far are, 2 rope fish, 2 fire eels, one goby dragon, a zig zag eel, a clown knife fish, a peacock eel, a spiny eel, a dinosaur bichir 7 silver dollars, 2 kissing gouramis, and 1 black ghost knife fish. They are all fairly small right now now but I will be upgrading to a 125 gallon tank probably after Christmas

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
Welcome! Interesting mix of little ones you've got there. You'll have to thin the heard even in a 6ft 125g though.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
welcome to MFK, be prepared to go way bigger than 125 gallons shortly. the fire eels, clown knife and SD's are going to outgrow that in record time.

outta kontroll

Feeder Fish
Oct 29, 2016
Thank you very much and yes I know when they get bigger I will not be able to have that many in a tank. I have an Arowana that I have my eye on that the bichir and clown knife will eventually go in with. I will probably keep all of the eels together with the rope fish and put my goby dragon tank with my goldfish where he was. I have 3 tank setups currently, the 75-gallon that I mentioned the 55-gallon with all of my goldfish and a tank at the foot of our bed that is 40 gallon that has Tetras and Cherry Barb's and ghost shrimp along with three iridescent sharks.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Thank you very much and yes I know when they get bigger I will not be able to have that many in a tank. I have an Arowana that I have my eye on that the bichir and clown knife will eventually go in with. I will probably keep all of the eels together with the rope fish and put my goby dragon tank with my goldfish where he was. I have 3 tank setups currently, the 75-gallon that I mentioned the 55-gallon with all of my goldfish and a tank at the foot of our bed that is 40 gallon that has Tetras and Cherry Barb's and ghost shrimp along with three iridescent sharks.
I'll just be that guy to make sure you understand what type of monster fish you are getting into, aros and clown knives can get 2 feet long, fire eels can get up to 30+ inches. you need 350+gallon tanks to keep those fish. black ghost knifes can get 15+ inches as well so theres something else to consider.

the other spiny eels will be fine in a 75 for life. Also dragon gobys are brackish, they have a definite shortened lifespan in fresh water in my experience.

outta kontroll

Feeder Fish
Oct 29, 2016
Ok, I knew I would have to go large. And I am prepared to do that, but for now i definitely want a 125 so they are not crowded at all. I want to give them as much room to grow as possible.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Ok, I knew I would have to go large. And I am prepared to do that, but for now i definitely want a 125 so they are not crowded at all. I want to give them as much room to grow as possible.
ok, you'll probably get around 6 or so months out of that tank, take pics show us the tank and stock

Reactions: outta kontroll

outta kontroll

Feeder Fish
Oct 29, 2016
I also should mention that the arowana that I have an opportunity to get is already about 13 inches long So I know everything I have right now cannot be put in with him so he will be the sole occupant of the 125 until these guys get large enough not to go in his mouth

Reactions: Red Devil
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store