Llewelyn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2018
South Africa
Hi guys. This is my first post..

I have a 615liter I think it's about 160g. I started it as a community tank with 2 bgks(one about 25cm and the other about 20cm at the moment), one pleco(about 30cm) and a couple of other community fish like black neons, neons, glowlight tetras, a few glowfish. The bgk is so large now and started eating the smaller fish. All my neons are gone and a lot of the glowfish aswell.. I expect the glowfish that are left to be eaten soon aswell as the black neons. I want to move them to another tank I have, but want something else to repace them.

What would go well with my bgks and pleco? I thought of an oscar, but my tank is too small for more than one with the bgk and pleco and I also considered discus, but im concerned about the temperature needs and they may be bothered by the nocturnal bgks.

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks
Llewelyn

Reactions: tlindsey

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
angelfish

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hi Llewelyn, senegal bichirs are seen now and again at different shops. Dehlezi are a bit rarer, but some shops can order polys in. In which province are you based?

Upper jaws are the most common, lower jaw species are very rare unfortunately.

Llewelyn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2018
South Africa
Hi Llewelyn, senegal bichirs are seen now and again at different shops. Dehlezi are a bit rarer, but some shops can order polys in. In which province are you based?

Upper jaws are the most common, lower jaw species are very rare unfortunately.
Hi. I'm based in Pretoria, Gauteng. I have seen them on some online shops, but I don't really feel comfortable shipping, especially a single fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store