Carpintis/Texas x Jaguar line breeding ideas?

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
what’s up guys hope everyone is safe during these times I’m a little late to the party and I actually breed blue jags .... Escondido x red jags .... just starting out and haven’t gotten the offspring to mate yet but consistently can get babies have a bout 40 total as of right now with wrigglers as of today maybe about 100 of them ... lemme know if anyone has questions or wants to see some pics I think they are awesome and have a great personality... colors are good not great but full blue jags would be super awesome someday . View attachment 1411230
They look cool some more pics would be nice too also what are the genetics on them

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
what’s up guys hope everyone is safe during these times I’m a little late to the party and I actually breed blue jags .... Escondido x red jags .... just starting out and haven’t gotten the offspring to mate yet but consistently can get babies have a bout 40 total as of right now with wrigglers as of today maybe about 100 of them ... lemme know if anyone has questions or wants to see some pics I think they are awesome and have a great personality... colors are good not great but full blue jags would be super awesome someday . View attachment 1411230
Do any of your blue jags keep the white Jag base with the blue carpintis pearls?

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Wait what so that means all those bluegill i have been feeding my cichlids are actually there in family oh no
Lol technically they are. Very distantly related but still related none the less. No clue if NA cichlids can breed with CA or SA cichlids at all. There's not much info online about them being able to even be housed together let alone breed.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Vieja synspil

i recommend vieja synspilam thery get a decent size there colorful and are known to hybridise regularly with other cichlids
I will admit they do look very nice once mature. Kinda fugly as babies but very pretty once adults. It would be very interesting to see what that combo would produce if they can produce anything.

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
I will admit they do look very nice once mature. Kinda fugly as babies but very pretty once adults. It would be very interesting to see what that combo would produce if they can produce anything.
Here's a Synspilum Flowerhorn hybrid
h14.jpg
This is just an example of a hybrid, but what happens when they cross breed is interesting.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
Lol technically they are. Very distantly related but still related none the less. No clue if NA cichlids can breed with CA or SA cichlids at all. There's not much info online about them being able to even be housed together let alone breed.
If you guys want im making a pond soon i can go catch a blue gill and then try to breed it with another cichlid any idea what cichlid i should use also ill notify u guys if something happens.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store