Carpintis/Texas x Jaguar line breeding ideas?

Cichlids keeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2020
Massachusetts
Actually who is the original source because if they are pure then I really want to know because it would be good to find a pure source of Melanurus.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Yeah here in florida we don have much in the sense of a body shape similar to that of a bluegill its mostly different species of bass oh also its illegal to have a northern large mouth bass in the south eastern part of florida where im from so i can only have florida large mouth bass and all the species of bass here.
Well personally I like the Florida black bass more then our large mouth we have here. But that's probably just because I'm so used to seeing largemouth and never have seen a Florida black bass in person.

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
Well personally I like the Florida black bass more then our large mouth we have here. But that's probably just because I'm so used to seeing largemouth and never have seen a Florida black bass in person.
Also here are some of the species of bass here in florida also the florida bass grows alot bigger than northern one A523F766-BDBD-4477-B016-E366D76FC0D6.jpegA523F766-BDBD-4477-B016-E366D76FC0D6.jpeg

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
Yeah the only bad thing is that most ppl look down on hybrids in general so in turn they look down on ppl who are actively trying to make new ones. Personally I see nothing wrong with hybrids as long as they are sold as x/x hybrids. Personally I would love to see even more hybrids become available rather then the 3 regulars. Granted still love my FH's regardless. There are still some interesting combinations to made yet tho. I'd even like to try crossing same native species from around here with either some SA or CA cichlids. I think it would be interesting to see a orange spotted sunfish mixed with a EBA or maybe a firemouth. Granted not sure if NA cichlids can breed with SA or CA cichlids at all but it would be worth a try if think. Still planning on getting a breeding group of orange spotted sunfish regardless just to make them more common in the hobby. What do you think would pair best with one of these?

View attachment 1408146
Sunfish are not Cichlids..

Reactions: Milingu
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store