Don’t go in the tall grass....

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Ok this one is going to be kinda hard to beat lol. About an hour ago I heard a noise outside front of the house from my office; thought maybe my dog knocked something over. Went outside and found this monster partially behind some tile backgrounds I recently took out of the 375. Can you see its eye? By my estimate it was about 3-3.5m (~10-11 ft) long.

Huge Python 1 m.jpg

After this it it tried to curl up entirely behind the backgrounds...

Huge Python 2 m.jpg

but it was too big and fell of the ledge, knocking all the panels over (breaking one, thank you very much).

Huge Python 3 m.jpg

It looked kind of pissed off at this point, so I said to myself, "Nope, not messing with that." lol and called one of my more local staff (these guys know how to deal with stuff like this). During the call it went behind the big wooden bed frame to left in first pic. I watched this place for 15 min. and it never came out either side, but by the time my guy and his buddy arrived it was gone (probably went through or over the wall/fence behind the bed frame).

Unfortunately that means it could come back any time; now is the dry season on the island, so critters are often on the move looking for water, esp. at night. Also both of our neighbors keep free range chickens next to jungle covered fields, that's likely how it's gotten so big.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Do you have a tank big enough? LOL

My advice, put a kiddie pool outside, and maybe they will stay outside!

Suddenly waking up to -45F (-58F with wind chill factored in) ............. doesn't feel so bad.

Last edited:

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Do you have a tank big enough? LOL

My advice, put a kiddie pool outside, and maybe they will stay outside!

Suddenly waking up to -45F (-58F with wind chill factored in) ............. doesn't feel so bad.
I would rather the snake personally. Every time I walk out the door, my nostril hairs freeze instantly and it takes your breath away. Literally. ?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
At these temps in 10 minutes or so the soles on my Redwing boots feel like concrete. lol
If I have to spend any real time outside, I wear these. They hold up even at -50F.

Reactions: Matteus

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Ok this one is going to be kinda hard to beat lol. About an hour ago I heard a noise outside front of the house from my office; thought maybe my dog knocked something over. Went outside and found this monster partially behind some tile backgrounds I recently took out of the 375. Can you see its eye? By my estimate it was about 3-3.5m (~10-11 ft) long.

View attachment 1401767

After this it it tried to curl up entirely behind the backgrounds...

View attachment 1401768

but it was too big and fell of the ledge, knocking all the panels over (breaking one, thank you very much).

View attachment 1401769

It looked kind of pissed off at this point, so I said to myself, "Nope, not messing with that." lol and called one of my more local staff (these guys know how to deal with stuff like this). During the call it went behind the big wooden bed frame to left in first pic. I watched this place for 15 min. and it never came out either side, but by the time my guy and his buddy arrived it was gone (probably went through or over the wall/fence behind the bed frame).

Unfortunately that means it could come back any time; now is the dry season on the island, so critters are often on the move looking for water, esp. at night. Also both of our neighbors keep free range chickens next to jungle covered fields, that's likely how it's gotten so big.
Wow! I would honestly be so excited to try and catch it? This is also why my husband doesn’t want to move us down south. Haha.
Its a shame it was gone by the time they got there. Let us know if it comes back!

esoxlucius

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
-58 degrees!!!Jeez guys, i'm always complaining about our uk weather. The coldest i've witnessed in the uk was about -12!! Next time it gets anywhere near -12 i think i'll wear my muscle vest so I can get a tan. Lol.

Incidentally, do you Matteus Matteus or RD. RD. live anywhere near the land of the ice road truckers? That's filmed in northern Canada isn't it?

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Wow! I would honestly be so excited to try and catch it? This is also why my husband doesn’t want to move us down south. Haha.
Its a shame it was gone by the time they got there. Let us know if it comes back!
Oh it's fun! Herping is great down here.

My boy is always bringing me lizards and bugs and stuff. He's not allowed to mess with snakes though until he can reliably ID the venomous ones lol. I don't fear snakes, but caution is prudent down here ?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Oh it's fun! Herping is great down here.

My boy is always bringing me lizards and bugs and stuff. He's not allowed to mess with snakes though until he can reliably ID the venomous ones lol. I don't fear snakes, but caution is prudent down here ?
Snakes are another thing entirely. We find slug and egg eaters now and again on our adventures. Once found a mildly-venomous herald snake and my brother even got to witness a Cape cobra passing by..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store