Favorite LFS "CUSTOMER" STORIES ...

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
I went to PETCO today and saw a couple tanks the one near me has literally no fish but a tank full of guppies. Its like a 55gal tank with 30-40 guppies in it I would say. I was surprised as its the first time I have been there.

And my dad says the same thing fish only get to the size of there tank I just say whatever and walk away

streetcornersongbird

Feeder Fish
Jan 3, 2011
Oregon
So, I was at PetSmart last week" buying a lone Albino Oscar for my 55. The guy asks me that size tank i have, and I say 10 just to mess with him. And he says that I'll be fine. What a numbskull.

TurtleDana89

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2010
Huntsville, AL
I work at Pier 1 Imports, and I've got a story. A woman bought this candle holder

Size: 8.25"W x 8.25"D x 12.5"H
to put a Betta Splendens in today.... The candle holder costs $40. I told her a 5 gallon tank with a heater and filter would be cheaper and keep her fish healthy and allow it to live a lot longer. She said "Oh, ill just buy a new one when it dies." This really got under my skin, considering my Jareth, a Crowntail Betta, died of what i believe was columnaris on the 1st. Fish are living, breathing creatures that feel pain and get sick just like us. NOT a decoration to go on your kitchen counter. What irks me most is if she's blowing $40 on a candle holder:screwy: that will probably leach lead into the water, she can afford a proper Betta setup. People confuse the dickens out of me...

Danger_Chicken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2008
Baltimore
mshill90;4754702; said:
Next time I am going to purchase a fish and tell them it's for dinner. ;)
:ROFL::ROFL::headbang2I'm going to do that one day. I do hear that Oscars are good eating.

fishy12;4756721; said:
I went to PETCO today and saw a couple tanks the one near me has literally no fish but a tank full of guppies. Its like a 55gal tank with 30-40 guppies in it I would say. I was surprised as its the first time I have been there.
err uh, guppies are fish and 30-40 guppies in a 55g isn't a lot. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

fishy12

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
ohio
Danger_Chicken;4766004; said:
:ROFL::ROFL::headbang2I'm going to do that one day. I do hear that Oscars are good eating.

err uh, guppies are fish and 30-40 guppies in a 55g isn't a lot. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.
I don't think they had a very big filter on it. It looked like one sized for a 20gal

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
Oh dear lord.... yesterday... what is there to say... lady came in to get her water tested, and a girl that usually works register was my backup because we were busy. Lady says 'we've had 4 comet goldfish for a month and a half and somebody told us we were supposed to be doing water changes or something and to get our water tested'... That water test was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. Nitrates well over 200, off the chart. Nitrites over 10.0, well off the chart, CHLORINE was reading at 2.0...... Worst part, The girl who was working that's usually on register told her that 'she should do like a 25% water change because doing too much is bad, so only do 25% once a week until it goes down' and also 'you can clean your gravel with a gravel vac, but i think you should just take it all out and wash it'.... I've gotten in trouble a couple times for interrupting people with bad information and had to keep my mouth shut... i was in shock at the shades of purple on that test strip...

blacktarotannis

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2010
Deltona, Fl
www.youtube.com
I was at a fish farm getting ghost shrimp.... There was a family looking at these really large catfish. I looked at my boyfriend and said "you know I'm gonna ask what size tank." He was you know its small why ask. Well I asked and he was talking about his 55.... Oh noooooo I was like when you gonna get a larger tank? He was like I dunno if I want bigger.
Looking at him said "You know your gonna get both those fish and your gonna need something really big."
Comes to find out he also has a Pacu. So as I'm leaving and they were bagging up 2 large catfish..... I'm like your gonna have to build a pond now....
Of coursee there was no way to talk him out of it. I know they will die. Its sad.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store