FBI Data Again Shows More Guns = Less Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballingajs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
I will always carry and have a gun in the house. That's just me. Like I always say "I would rather have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it."

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
guns and gun laws will not affect the bad guys. if theyre want to kill, they will kill. just look at all the recent killings in china where nutjobs hack children to death with knives. and yes, i believe responsible gun ownership reduces crime.

in all these public mass killings, if there was ONE citizen, just ONE person legally carrying a concealed weapon, the bad guy could have been dropped in a few seconds and perhaps wouldnt have had the chance to kill all those people.

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines
paintballingajs;4182645; said:
I will always carry and have a gun in the house. That's just me. Like I always say "I would rather have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it."
jcardona1;4182652; said:
guns and gun laws will not affect the bad guys. if theyre want to kill, they will kill. just look at all the recent killings in china where nutjobs hack children to death with knives. and yes, i believe responsible gun ownership reduces crime.

in all these public mass killings, if there was ONE citizen, just ONE person legally carrying a concealed weapon, the bad guy could have been dropped in a few seconds and perhaps wouldnt have had the chance to kill all those people.

Exactly!! :headbang2

paintballingajs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ
jcardona1;4182652; said:

I agree criminals will find a way to get guns and kill i don't care how strict the laws are. I'm going to make sure I can fight back or maybe get a shot off and possibly save a life or two. here is another shooting killing 12 and wounding 25 in a strict gun law country...http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37467424/ns/world_news-europe/?GT1=43001

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Just a little food for thought: We can debate this all day but one thing we do know is that guns kill and if there were no guns, there would still be a murder rate, because mankind would resort to other weapons to kill. If there were no weapons, mankind would use his hand to kill. The point I'm making is that if we had less guns, the murder rate would probably be much lower, but on the other hand, if we had no guns, man would continue to kill. Ultimately, there is no answer to this debate. One thing we do know is that European nations have less guns and much lower murder rates than the USA.

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines
phillydog1958;4182780; said:
Just a little food for thought: We can debate this all day but one thing we do know is that guns kill and if there were no guns, there would still be a murder rate, because mankind would resort to other weapons to kill. If there were no weapons, mankind would use his hand to kill. The point I'm making is that if we had less guns, the murder rate would probably be much lower, but on the other hand, if we had no guns, man would continue to kill. Ultimately, there is no answer to this debate. One thing we do know is that European nations have less guns and much lower murder rates than the USA.
Stats? Proof? Alternatively the EU has a MUCH higher violent crime rate and the same holds true for Australia! No way to defend yourself = higher violent crime rate

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Knowdafish;4182608; said:
So inversely you are saying that fewer guns = less crime? Prove it! :D

Let's see who is full of it now? Which side are you going to take? Huh? And instead of arguing that this is b.s. (which is what people say when they don't have any facts to back-up their position!) why don't you offer any facts to the contrary? Any fool can argue! :screwy:
Don't put words in my mouth and try to comprehend what I am saying.

You can take any numbers you want and twist them to say just about anything you want. This is my point so stop being a fool.

Just as you have in the title of this thread. By stating that "more guns = less crime" which is a crock of sh.... I fail to see why gun enthusiast think they need to promote this BS anyway are you really that paranoid as to someone taking your guns away?:ROFL:

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
paintballingajs;4182663; said:
I agree criminals will find a way to get guns and kill i don't care how strict the laws are. I'm going to make sure I can fight back or maybe get a shot off and possibly save a life or two. here is another shooting killing 12 and wounding 25 in a strict gun law country...http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37467424/ns/world_news-europe/?GT1=43001
Vicious_Fish;4182754; said:
Here's a great example of what can happen when people can't defend themselves.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37467424/ns/world_news-europe/

Again posting something to make it look one sided. Cause we know nothing like this happens anywhere else around the globe, right? :duh: Ever hear of Fort hood, seems to me just about everyone there was armed and very well trained, yet same sad result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store