Feeding small fish on a 130gallon tank

Betta132

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
http://www.scribd.com/doc/58894122/PFK-MAY11-INFOGRAPHIC
Your pacu will get the size of a man's torso, your clown knife will get to over three feet long, and your redtail will be pushing four. Your silver dollars are the only fish that are suited for your tank long-term, and your other fish won't be able to turn around.
Also, silver dollars are schooling fish. Yours are probably scared because they don't have enough of their own kind. Get rid of everything else, get more silver dollars, and start researching. http://www.seriouslyfish.com/ is a pretty good resource.

kim91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2016
Santa Ana
Here's the pic of my tank. They are not running away from me anymore when i fed them bloodworms. lol

1.jpg

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I only have 3 medium size driftwood in the tank and artificial plants. I will post pic tomorrow since it's already late i don't to turn on the lights and startle them. 130 gallon (6x2x2) is not enough for them?
the RTC will be pushing 2 feet in, if fed well and water params are pristine, within 1.5-2 years...clown knife the same, and that pacu is going to be the size of a manhole cover lol.

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
I am not going to comment on the large fish you have.

Silver dollars need other fish to be out and about in order to feel safe (in my limited experience)
If there's no other fish swimming around, they assume there's a predator around.
You only have 6 fish in there. They are going to feel jumpy. I have a silver dollar in a tank with about 50 other fish and he's out all the time, he never hides. So basically, they need more sliver dollars or other "dithers" in there. Not saying you are going to be able to accomodate that with the monsters you have, but just commenting on silver dollars.

kim91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2016
Santa Ana
I'll probably give the silver dollar away and get a jardini and that's it. Jardini, RTC, pacu and knifefish do you guys think they will fit in 6x2x2 130 gallon tank?

Betta132

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
No. Your knifefish, pacu, and red tail catfish all get too large for that tank. It would matter if you tried to just keep one. They will not be able to turn around in that tank once they reach full size.
Again:
Your pacu will get at least 3' long and 3' tall.
Your clown knife will get closer to 4'.
Your RTC will get 5' long.
Your tank is not large enough. It will not be large enough for even one of those fish. You must remove them before they grow any larger, for their own good.

You also do not have a large enough tank for a jardini. They are usually recommended to be kept in a tank no smaller than 200 gallons.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I'll probably give the silver dollar away and get a jardini and that's it. Jardini, RTC, pacu and knifefish do you guys think they will fit in 6x2x2 130 gallon tank?
Not for long. The rtc, knife fish and pacu get much to big for that tank, you're better off re-homing them and building your tank up around your silver dollars. A school of silver dollars is an impressive sight when kept properly. Please do your research, most of your fish get longer than your tank is wide, in time they won't be able to turn around in your tank. You need a much bigger tank to keep them fish, the silver dollars are the only fish you have that are suited to your tank, keep them, re-home the others, that's my advice. :)

Also, I didn't mention the jardini, because I don't know much about them, but I think he might also be to big for your tank, but I'll let someone with more knowledge weigh in on that. I hope I've helped a little.

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
A 130 will be tight for a jardini. They can get up to 2ft. I had one that was 18" and outgrew my 100 gal so I had to find a bigger home for it. As for silver dollars, they are skittish by nature and need other fish to swim around. That's the reason why I got rid of my 9 8" red hook silver dollars. Can't enjoy my tank without them darting into the glass every time I go look at them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store