Flowerhorn tank size

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
Palmer aquatics from YouTube said a Flowerhorn could be in a 50 gallon tank. Do you think this is a proper tank size
palmer aquatics makes videos about fish he has had 2 days of experience with or doesnt even own and has never owned, what a waste of air. you definitely could keep one in a 3ft tank but he’ll constantly surf the sides. the proper tank size is 4 foot plus. im sure youve seen how breeders keep them so they can clearly live and still display wonderful color and behavior in about 10 gallons of water (a big tank with lots of dividers). i have one growing out in a 30 whos completely content he was originally with large aggressive cichlids because i too had seen palmers video and thought that it wouldnt kill texas cichlids twice its size( i was wrong). id say if you have an empty 55 go for it but if youre just in the market for a new fish and tank then just get a 75 its not that much more money theyre like $104 at petco. a 90 gal is just about ideal for these guys imo.

Reactions: Krismo962

djsaltynuts

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2020
A 50 has the same width as a 75, a 55 is much narrower and taller.
not like it matters but if were going to correct eachother theyre not the same my 50 gal is 14” my 75s are 18”.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store