General cure API medicine questions

Shelly0217

Feeder Fish
Oct 7, 2021
Hey, my flowerhorn has been extremely boated and hasn't pooped in over a week. The other fish in there has white stringy poop so I thought he had parasites and maybe transfered it to my flowerhorn. I tried a salt soak and nothing happened. My flowerhorn is swimming and eating fine, just no poop. When I had put in the medicine general cure api, he turned a dark color and sank to the tank and is gasping every 30 seconds. Is this a normal reaction? The smaller one just sank to the bottom too and is barely moving. I just put the medicine in about an hour ago. Should I take them out? I'm extremely worried as he is my favorite fish.

20211009_155757.jpg

Doug B

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2020
Hello,
I'm no expert, but I use general cure as my go to when I see stringy poop. I have never treated a flowerhorn ,but the fish I have treated never had any kind of reaction.
Everything from feeders to peacock bass.
If its your favorite fish I would move them.
If you can just my opinion.
Good luck

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Check ur water parameters. What are the other fish in the tank? Not a normal reaction but could be just from being sick. Would dose some pure epsom salt 1 tbsp per 5g and cont with api general cure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store