koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I somehow missed this, sorry Kolt lol

My indo is pretty outright aggressive, but I'm not sure if its territorial or predatory or a mix. He does NOT tolerate other bottom dwellers, but he'll take a swipe at anything mid or upper tier that gets close. Aside from this, he does his best impression of a rock like other goonch do. My current guy is about the same size as yours is. I enjoy him quite well.

I'd love to do a proper update, but he's still in the stock tank. I was ready to start building up my new tanks, but then the Rona hit and kicked all of my plans in the shins.
It's okay Rob, I see how it is, I see how it is....lol

Mine's a puppy dog. Fish gotta force their way into his mouth to get bit. And he's not quite a rock, kind of like someone sleeping. He tosses and turns occasionally; maybe 3 times a day. In order to feed him I have to dip my arm in the tank and drop the pellet infront of him and he quickly gobbles it up. If I don't the Trachy's, Rhino's and Vulture will grab it before it hits the tank bottom. The Trachy's will actually nipple me trying to get at it. More I feel I may have to give the Trachys their own tank.

I feel ya. I was hoping to start a fishroom and the Rona is definitely affecting positive progress.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
It's okay Rob, I see how it is, I see how it is....lol

Mine's a puppy dog. Fish gotta force their way into his mouth to get bit. And he's not quite a rock, kind of like someone sleeping. He tosses and turns occasionally; maybe 3 times a day. In order to feed him I have to dip my arm in the tank and drop the pellet infront of him and he quickly gobbles it up. If I don't the Trachy's, Rhino's and Vulture will grab it before it hits the tank bottom. The Trachy's will actually nipple me trying to get at it. More I feel I may have to give the Trachys their own tank.

I feel ya. I was hoping to start a fishroom and the Rona is definitely affecting positive progress.
Wow that’s dedication. Would a pvc pipe work?

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Wow that’s dedication. Would a pvc pipe work?
To feed the Goonch? Yeah I believe it would. I have considered it in the past for other fish but it completely slipped my mind with the Goonch. The Trachy bites aren't bad kind of like being pinched by someone with sandpaper covered fingers. Still if I can avoid it, so thank you for the suggestion.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Oh mine is the exact opposite. As soon as the pellets hit the water, the feeding frenzy is on!
I wish mine was like that. Though it maybe because of the Trachys. They are serious bruisers and they ram and run over everything and maybe it's making the Goonch more reserved. The Trachys do bump him hard enough for him to relocate when they start searching about.

Reactions: Matteus

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Wait do gnooch catfish need chillers to keep them alive somehow similar to axolatols
.....as previously stated,temp ranges from 75 to 80 degrees seem to be ideal.A chiller would hardly be required to accomplish those numbers unless the hobbyist lives in an extremely hot home.

Reactions: Chicxulub
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store