Goonch (Bagarius sp. Indochina) growout- 3D the Defiler, Lord of Death

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Wait do gnooch catfish need chillers to keep them alive somehow similar to axolatols
That's a point that can be debated when it relates to what we call the Highland Giant (HLG), which Planet Catfish and I both call Bagarius bagarius.

Most other goonch species are thoroughly tropical however, and survive just fine when kept in typical high 70° temps.

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
That's a point that can be debated when it relates to what we call the Highland Giant (HLG), which Planet Catfish and I both call Bagarius bagarius.

Most other goonch species are thoroughly tropical however, and survive just fine when kept in typical high 70° temps.
The high land giant is the biggest species right its the one that Jeremy wade from river monsters catches ???

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
The high land giant is the biggest species right its the one that Jeremy wade from river monsters catches ???
HLG is the species they go to the mountains to catch. It can get quite large, to be sure. The lowland giant (Bagarius yarelli) of Bangladesh is the largest species by confirmed recorded weights.

My essay on goonch cats that is a sticky in this section will go over all of this in detail.

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
May i ask where you ordered it? I have been looking for indochina for some time now and only find bagarius bagarius or yarrelli ?.
Do you mean you only see b.b any b.y listed or do you mean when you check, that’s what they actually are?
Note that many places list fish as bagarius bagarius or bagarius yarelli which are not and turn out to be indochina.

Sean Govaerts

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2019
Belgium, Limburg
Do you mean you only see b.b any b.y listed or do you mean when you check, that’s what they actually are?
Note that many places list fish as bagarius bagarius or bagarius yarelli which are not and turn out to be indochina.
Only listed as and usually it's on order only so i can't see the fish untill it arrives. Which makes it difficult to know what it exactly is. Like what happen to you, only for me it would be worse if i actually got what i ordered and not the indo ?

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Only listed as and usually it's on order only so i can't see the fish untill it arrives. Which makes it difficult to know what it exactly is. Like what happen to you, only for me it would be worse if i actually got what i ordered and not the indo ?
Think you may be confusing the b. cf. indochina with a smaller growing Goonch like rutilus or suchus
You can expect a big fish if you get an indochina.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store