Guess the species! - Part 2

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Upper jaw, I think the Senegalus group. (Though I have a hard time separating Senegalus and Weeksii group on headshape alone. - with the UJs I dont' see this as easy - maybe you can help me with this Josh's Fish Josh's Fish )

Speckles, so I am narrowing down to Palmas, Buettekoferi, and Polli. And Retropinnis, yeah I know they are the Weeksii group. :)

But I dont' think Retro because it seems too dark and contrasty with the speckles.

I don't think Moke - too speckly, not green enough, doesn't have the markings that make it look sort of like they have plates on the cheeks - though those may start a bit further back than the pic.

Because of all that, it's "moustache" line that extends back from the mouth, and the fact that it is more green/brown than yellow/brown I am going to go with Polli. :)
"Because of all that, it's "moustache" line that extends back from the mouth, and the fact that it is more green/brown than yellow/brown I am going to go with Polli." Says Magpie

Reactions: Polyaddict86

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Maybe not, my weeksii pattern seem to not fade away. Then again pattern can vary from specimen to specimen.
IMG_2443.JPG

Don't think retro, bad angle but just took it real quick.

IMG_3296.JPG IMG_2289.JPG

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
Hungry Hungry Hippo-poly-mus!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store