HELP!!! Sick Green Terror Cichlid

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
Hello, so I've had my Green Terror for almost a year now and he's up to about 4.5 inches. Been very healthy since I've had him. Only recently has he been acting very slow and almost like he's weak and is always just laying low under things in my tank. His usual behavior is pretty energetic and eats a ton. Now he is eating hardly anything. He also has a small peeling on his head, can anybody help me with this issue?

IMG_0258.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
Hello, so I've had my Green Terror for almost a year now and he's up to about 4.5 inches. Been very healthy since I've had him. Only recently has he been acting very slow and almost like he's weak and is always just laying low under things in my tank. His usual behavior is pretty energetic and eats a ton. Now he is eating hardly anything. He also has a small peeling on his head, can anybody help me with this issue?

View attachment 1259419

View attachment 1259420
Water parameters are absolutely perfect, and I do regular water changes without adding any chemicals in, this means no stress coat or melafix. Would either of these two help my situation?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

View attachment 1259419

View attachment 1259420

How do you maintain your aquarium? Could you list your water parameters.

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
How do you maintain your aquarium? Could you list your water parameters.
I try to do at least 25% changes once a week. Running two marineland emperor 400 hobs. Tank kept between 75-80. Water parameters are as follows: some nitrates, zero nitrites, zero chlorine, ideal-to-high alkalinity, ph around 7.5

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
You need to add prime or at least stress coat to kill amonia out of ur tap
Okay, I was told that I didn't need to add stress coat if I had well water, with a whole house salt softener. I do not have city water.

troublesum

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2007
Astoria, NY
I try to do at least 25% changes once a week. Running two marineland emperor 400 hobs. Tank kept between 75-80. Water parameters are as follows: some nitrates, zero nitrites, zero chlorine, ideal-to-high alkalinity, ph around 7.5
Looks like hith add prime each water change

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Now it is possible the Green Terror may have scraped itself on something in aquarium.

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
It's possible, but even his behavior is telling me something's up. He's all of a sudden very jumpy and is staying underneath this one log I have. Top fins down and I can see some tearing at the ends of the rest of his fins. Should I add anything or do anything to the water right now? I just fed some mysis shrimp and blood worms to all my fish and the gt had maybe a couple small mysis shrimp, and spit out the pellets he managed to get to.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
It's possible, but even his behavior is telling me something's up. He's all of a sudden very jumpy and is staying underneath this one log I have. Top fins down and I can see some tearing at the ends of the rest of his fins. Should I add anything or do anything to the water right now? I just fed some mysis shrimp and blood worms to all my fish and the gt had maybe a couple small mysis shrimp, and spit out the pellets he managed to get to.

What are the other fish in there with the GT?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store