HELP!!! Sick Green Terror Cichlid

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
What are the other fish in there with the GT?
Two parrot cichlids, two small convicts, one small yellow peacock, one small blue peacock, two small to medium silver dollars. One small (3 inch) regular pleco, and one very small albino bristlenose pleco (1 1/2 inches)

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Two parrot cichlids, two small convicts, one small yellow peacock, one small blue peacock, two small to medium silver dollars. One small (3 inch) regular pleco, and one very small albino bristlenose pleco (1 1/2 inches)

Have you noticed any of the cichlids chasing or bullying the GT?

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
Have you noticed any of the cichlids chasing or bullying the GT?
Every so often a parrot might lunge at the gt, but they've been doing that here and there for the past year. Never doing any damage and the green terror usually gives it right back to them. They never fight, just show some aggression but that shouldn't be a problem.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Every so often a parrot might lunge at the gt, but they've been doing that here and there for the past year. Never doing any damage and the green terror usually gives it right back to them. They never fight, just show some aggression but that shouldn't be a problem.

You may have to place the GT in quarantine until it's health improves.

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
Try to add some sea salt to ease his stress and try to deworm or HITH treatment as fast as you can.
What is the best hith medication to use? Is that what my green terror could have? His color is definitely becoming pale, and he looks like he is almost gagging every so often and twitching his mouth oddly.

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Your best resource, should that be HITH-which it does not look like to me, is this very forum. Your LFS is just going to try and sell you something, MFK is the antidote to their greed. There are exceptions of course.

If I had to bet on what was happening here I'd wager my money on the parrots being bullys. Plus your silver dollars might be all weirded out in a 4 foot tank, their anxiety could be affecting your GT

Reactions: tlindsey

Mbielek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2017
Your best resource, should that be HITH-which it does not look like to me, is this very forum. Your LFS is just going to try and sell you something, MFK is the antidote to their greed. There are exceptions of course.

If I had to bet on what was happening here I'd wager my money on the parrots being bullys. Plus your silver dollars might be all weirded out in a 4 foot tank, their anxiety could be affecting your GT
Thanks for the reply and suggestion, there's no bullying going on though. This happened very suddenly, and it looks as though the gt is trying to gag something up and is rapidly thrusting its mouth out and back in as if to throw something up. Is it possible there is something up with his digestive system? Should I stop feeding completed just to see? He won't go near pellets when I put them in for the others.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store