HELP!! URGENT!!

Scoobs55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
Also, does anyone know any other tank mates that would be compatible that don't get too humongous?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
How big is ur tank now?

Scoobs55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
55g atm and either a 120g or 180g depending on how big my kelberi gets. Hopefully under 10" if it's a girl.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Well you can add more pbass. Datnoids. Ornate pim Catfish and mini motoro comes to mind. Lower jaw polys. Common wolf fish. But will need the 180g and A drip or a sump of some kind. Any canister filter will not be enough once adding fish like these. Atleast to be kept healthy.

The ammonia will rise quick. Plecos and rays are an issue and a concern.

Dee eng

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2015
Cambodia
The bigger the better! 120g is really nothing, even the 180g is iffy, actually still to small for the bass and I know that you will get more fish. Haha So I say, go big, unless u don't have the space. As far as getting him a companion, why not couple more pbass? Just don't get the temesis bass they get hella big and they're punks too!

Scoobs55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
A 120g should be plenty for a kelberi as long as I don't overstock. I don't want to deal with a sump or anything nuts like that. I could get more kelberi but I'm more of a multiple species kinda guy vs more of one kind. I want a catfish kind of but idk what kind!

Scoobs55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
Or something unique, I love shrimp and crawfish but shrimp get destroyed and the pleco and crawfish might be bad

Dee eng

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2015
Cambodia
How about some clown loach... Those guys are kewl, but you need a school to be kewl! Don't know much about catfish other then SNC and RTC...we all know they need a pool...idk scoobs, your tank size will determine what you can add and I know what to suggest, haha not much of a help am I...or how about these don't see them often Zebrinus pikeimage.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I got a phantom plec a few weeks ago. He's about 6" and apparently he won't grow much bigger than about 7", as far as plecs go they're a mid range breed. Damn nice fish. I'm not sure about the peacock though but it'll be a lot bigger than 7".

Scoobs55

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
I've had the green phantom for a few days now and he's still disinterested in his algae wafers. He's still a little scaredy cat. Should I be worried that he isn't eating or is he scavenging when I'm not looking. Also I have another somewhat similar question. I have a little 1.5" assorted African cichlid that was sprung onto me and he wouldn't grow at all in a bigger aquarium. I assume he was stunted so now he's in a 5.5 gallon and has been fine for a while. I want to get him some tank mate but obviously aggression is an issue. Is there anything I can put in the 5.5g with him for life that won't get killed?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store