Help! Velvet? Ich? Parasites?

Kaia

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
NW Washington
75 gal set up in January using the filter and water from the 35gL fish were fine until added the 4 new rainbows I received for Valentine's Day - which I added without quarantining ;( big mistake never had a bad fish from this store before and didn't have a quarantine tank set up at our new house yet.

Ammonia 0
Chlorine 0
Nitrate10ppm
Nitrite 0
Gh 300
Kh 180
Ph 7.8

Weekly 30% water changes with small vacuuming in between when needed

Marineland emperor 280 and penguin 200 hob filters and a bubbler

Saw white spots on one of my new rainbows on the 16th raised the temp to 80(from 78) added aquarium salt and kordon ich attack 2x daily.
New fish:
White spot still present on mucholochi rainbow started 16th now pooping clear
Turqoise rainbow had white spot and cloudy eye on 16th now all cleared up
Irian red presented white fuzz 27th
Eastern rainbow eye bulged (I thought he bonked himself on 16th) looked to be healing fine but died on the 23rd no other symptoms

Original fish in tank :
Koi angel pooping clear/white segmented strings
Electric blue acara seems fine
4 inch Chinese algae eater began flashing last night 27th.
2 boesemani rainbows appear fine

I have been treating for ich every day since the 16th and did a 30% water change on the 16th and 24th and on the 24th removed most of the decor so I could disinfect them and have kept them out.
Last night 27th I added pimafix for possible fungus on irian

What should I do?! I am so nervous!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

View attachment 1168352

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Kaia

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
NW Washington
White stuff on roots of plant they uprooted too and you can see the poo in the middle of the plant picture

Last edited:

Kaia

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
NW Washington
Should I get the salt and everything out of the water first? I can do a water change and throw the carbon filters back in while I run to the store

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
looks like ich. bump up the temp to mid to high 80s if they can handle it . Will most likely need extra air to do this though. The quick cure will drive oxygen out of the system. from my experiences the filter normally takes a hit

Kaia

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2015
NW Washington
The closest thing I could find was marineland ick remedy it has malichite green in it ... But my acara ate the irian red while I was at the store:( I did a 50% water change yesterday and vacuumed out most of my sand and bumped up my heaters to full blast but it looks like my eheim heater can only maintain my tank with all the air flowing into it at a max of 81.9 might need to buy another heater

image.jpeg

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
The closest thing I could find was marineland ick remedy it has malichite green in it ... But my acara ate the irian red while I was at the store:( I did a 50% water change yesterday and vacuumed out most of my sand and bumped up my heaters to full blast but it looks like my eheim heater can only maintain my tank with all the air flowing into it at a max of 81.9 might need to buy another heater

View attachment 1168744
82 degrees should be fine ideally 85 but if your doing the heat thing why use any medications? Heat and salt will kill off the ick in 2 weeks with large water changes as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store