Help!!!

reapertheoscar

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2016
My oscars have laid eggs twice now neither times have been successful I've been observing alot more now to find out what's going on below I'll have pictures and maybe someone can tell me what they think is happening

reapertheoscar

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2016
Oscar I think is a male due to spike

20170614_124205.jpg

reapertheoscar

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2016
And I know that if there white there not fertilized I'm just hoping to get an understanding of what might be going on

Reactions: GamerChick5567

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
hello; may I assume you are saying all the eggs turn white?? If so the male is not willing, competent or able to do his part.
I have a breeding pair of angel fish that have produced several batches of eggs. Sometimes the male misses more than he hits.

Another possibility is the male is sterile and is just going thru the motions. I suppose the female can be sterile but that seems much less likely as actual eggs are being produced.

Another far fetched possibility comes to mind. That being both are female and are also just going thru the motions. Maybe much too farfetched.

reapertheoscar

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2016
None of the eggs got fertilized....
I was hoping that someone would be able to look at the picture and determine if it is a male or female by the sex organ sticking out... I called the lfs I bought them from and they told me either there both female or it might take them a couple times until they get it right I guess time will tell

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store