Leo1234

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
California
Hi, sorry about the super long post

This year I rescued some bichirs that were going to be euthanized (because they were unwanted, had small bites on the fins, or other dumb reasons) and I have been meaning to sell and/or rehome them. I thought I would have sold them by now but have been too busy to post them so they outgrew the temporary aquarium I had them in and was forced to add them to my 150 gallon tank.

I was wondering about how long do I have until they are too grown to keep with my actual display tank? I don’t want them to eat my fish I’m planning on keeping long term, but it’s the only aquarium I can keep them in for now

The tank isn’t necessarily setup for bichirs as it is a stream tank for fish such as my large zacco, opsariicthys, Acrossocheilus, and some other barbs (plus a bullhead cat) and has some current, though not too much, and no heater (though is in a warmer part of the house and stays in the 70’s. The smallest fish right now are my 3” beardless barbs and my smallestmaximum size fish is my ambassis ambassis hlassfish that get 5”.

the bichirs are surprisingly doing quite well even though they are not from this type of habitat, though I do want them to go to an even better home. What prices should I charge for them?

the bichir species and sizes are as follows
Captive bred Polypterus delhezi 9”
Wild caught Polypterus weeksii 12”
Captive bred Polypterus senegalus 6”
Captive bred Polypterus ornatipinnis 7”
Captive bred Polypterus ansorgii 7”

I will probably keep the weeksii at least and the delhenzi, weeksii, senegalus at most, but do want to know the prices just in case.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store