Hybrid angelfish

Benthebassmaster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2021
What will happen if a koi angelfish and a black and white striped angel have baby’s. They have laid eggs before but they are the eggs or my Cory’s are them. How will they turn out. I’m not completely sure what type of angel the koi one is. It might be a sunset blushing.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
They won't be hybrids; all the assorted varieties of angelfish are the same species, so crossing them just creates more colour and/or finnage variations, which may or may not be attractive.

It's like mixing breeds of dogs; they're all the same species, so mixing them just creates mutts, not new species. A Chihuahua and a Great Dane are still the same species, Canis familiaris. So are their offspring, if they somehow manage to create any. :)

Benthebassmaster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2021
They won't be hybrids; all the assorted varieties of angelfish are the same species, so crossing them just creates more colour and/or finnage variations, which may or may not be attractive.

It's like mixing breeds of dogs; they're all the same species, so mixing them just creates mutts, not new species. A Chihuahua and a Great Dane are still the same species, Canis familiaris. So are their offspring, if they somehow manage to create any. :)
I didn’t mean hybrid. I just wanted a short word to say different angels breeding

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store