Illegal fishkeepers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Almost all Paretroplus species in Madagascar are on the endangered list, and introduction of the snakehead and other exotics are a significant reason.
Yes nearly all endemic animals are vulerable to the competition with exotics, however most ecosystems in the water bodies are altered anyways and usually don't have any endemic species. Nearly all fishable lakes in United States were stocked with non-native sportfish & foragefish anyways.

Jay88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2010
Australia
As stated, there will always be irresponsible people in this world that will ruin it for every one...

Just coz most of us here wouldnt do something silly with our fish such as let them go, doesnt mean every one else follows the same rule...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
+1 I still reckon Australia overdoes the banned list. The jardini is native...yet arowanas are banned... red devils..midas... parrots are allowed...yet flowerhorns are banned... im sure no one released a flowerhorn into the wild haha

Sent from my GT-I9100T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CanadianKeeper

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2012
Ontario
I wish I could own snake heads in ontario... I mean obv not the cold water snake head. Even though I doubt a frozen lake/rive/pond it could survive.

Honestly asain markets sell them randomly. The one close to my house has MASSIVE cats, no idea what they are.

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
I once raised out this little cichlid i got with some feeders once. i raised it and i had no idea what it was for a while. it turned out to be a mosambique tilapia. it has since been destroyed but i now constantly see them along with illegal catfish in a certain chain stores feeders. also went once to a fish farm and they netted up in there tank with mayans dozens of tilaia mariae. they had no roblem posting them for sale as mayans for $2 each. ive seen illegal fish sold allll over miami, from rays, to catfish,tilaia, ect. only thing i havent seen openly for sale is snakeheads but u do see them on craigslist and ive run into many eole in fish stores who have no problem boradcasting that they own three or four.pirahanas are popular too. i also wish there was a way to work on laws to allow responsible ownershi of certain species but we are fish keeers not herpers who can own anything they want.

mr fishy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2012
florida
I once had a walkig catfish me and my friend caught in r cast nets I thot it was a black eel tailed catfish until oddball told me

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

giant19000

Fahaka
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
THE AMAZON
View attachment 784310
This guy's illegal (i think?), but he keeps legal fish... what does this make him?? :uhoh: ;) :confused:
That's not funny I don't see a joke in that in anyway you must be the biggest idiot in the world to post that on a persons thread that happens to be half Mexican half italian, I take pride In my cultures and don't expect anyone to treat me any less than others, I treat everyone on here the same and have never made fun of any race or posted stupid pics of diff races,I am a man not a freaken kid even though I'm 20 I act more then my age,if this website was made for one race I don't think anyone on here would make this site what it is today or as many people as members

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Land of the flea and home of the whopper.
Dude, relax. He isnt treating you as anything other than a human. It's a simple joke. Yaknow, people playing the race card in any situation where it is even slightly applicable leads to more prejudice and questionable behavior than the situations themselves. People gotta laugh at themselves more often. He didnt call you, or anyone else, anything. He didnt use a slur and he didnt perpetuate a stereotype. Open up your mind and relax a bit, yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store