Jumping in

Arkeon

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2017
Alberta
Aww it's teensy :D

Make sure to clean that substrate well, polys are messy eaters
Will it matter for now while there Are loaches in the tank and a few Cory in there? Currently I just left all my other fish in the tank till they get eaten. Plus still waiting on my 180 tank to be built, the guy I got told is notoriously slow.

Also I heard that you can do feeder guppies, it's there anything I need to know about that before I set up a tank to breed them in?

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
Lol you only found one of the delhezi, there is two of them in that picture
Lol you're right I missed the one above the albino

Will it matter for now while there Are loaches in the tank and a few Cory in there? Currently I just left all my other fish in the tank till they get eaten. Plus still waiting on my 180 tank to be built, the guy I got told is notoriously slow.

Also I heard that you can do feeder guppies, it's there anything I need to know about that before I set up a tank to breed them in?
I just let my feeder guppy and molly breed in my bichir tank that way I don't have to move them and my bichirs get stimulated but I wouldn't make that your primary food I would get hikari carnivore pellets and tilapia as their main diet it's cheap and healthy for them

Reactions: Arkeon

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Apparently live food can lead to aggressive polys clm08k clm08k

I'd just feed pellets at this point, lots of em

Reactions: tlindsey

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
for the most part my bichirs don't chase the mollys or guppies but I also don't have any bichir on bichir aggression most of the aggression in the tank is occasional fire eel to fire eel and occasional pleco on pleco

Arkeon

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2017
Alberta
I was not going to use guppies only fire food, the store I got them from said that they tried to get the Del to eat pellets but they never went for it. So for now I ended up just getting mysis shrimp for them to eat. But since the other fish I have in the tank I feed pellets, maybe eventually they will start to take the pellets.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
You can feed pellets in bloodworm juice, but it'll take onto pellets quickly :)

CB fish eat like there's no tomorrow, so don't worry about it

Arkeon

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2017
Alberta
That's good to know that they will grow that quick. I was watching one of the Del least night hiding in my plants eating some of the mysis shrimp that I tossed into the tank. He was so busy eating he did not care about the loachs poking around him trying to get some of the shrimp.

Reactions: twentyleagues

Arkeon

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2017
Alberta
After a couple days, I only ever seen to notice one of the Del and when ever I see him he is just laying around. But the albino it's always out and about in the tank, I saw him sleeping once in the rota odd my floating plants.IMAG1704.jpg

Reactions: Jafar P Arab

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
My sens are always out, barely stop moving ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store