Just bought an Alligator Turtle. Help!

Bowser Frey

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hey Fishhead,

Yeah, one of them is on the 16th & two others on the 23rd. If you end up going please take picture of any AST you see as well as any other rare, unique exotic animals.

Thanks,

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
If I go to the one that’s happening here in Georgia then I will take pictures.

Bowser Frey

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2019
Appreciate it.... for some reason I thought when you posted the pic you were in PA.. I had to relook at the picture to realize two expos happening on the same day in different states...

Update: One Guppy left and its a smart one... must have witnessed everyone die at the hands of Bowser so he doesn't even come close to Bowser... At one point was hiding right under Bowser but won't even dare come close when his mouth is open... Wonder if he gets really hungry would he actually chase the last guppy... probably won't find out since I'm going to Petco soon to buy more guppies, bloodworms, grasshoppers, siphon kit, water filter, and tongs..... Bowser is really shy/scared so I doubt he will eat from the tongs tbh but will give it a try. When I get close to the cage he focuses on me, also starts to go low and his rear perks up like an attack dog.... must be a defense mechanism. For this reason, I try not to focus on him and thus miss him eat everything.

Just took a quick peek before I post the reply and he is now facing the fish directly so if the fish decides to move forward it's going straight into Bowser's mouth... Should I just let him eat the last one before putting more guppies in?

Bowser Frey

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2019
Looks Bowser is learning. Bowser is learning the fishes hiding spots and position it self accoridngly. Each time the fish swims away and returns a hidding spot Bowser always seems closer and closer....

IMG_20191113_195323.jpg

IMG_20191113_195319.jpg

IMG_20191112_143734.jpg

Bowser Frey

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2019
FYI, moving the tank to another area in a fews days.. just want Bowser to get acclimated... No way I can have a tank in the middle of my living room :)

Bowser Frey

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2019
Weird... Bowser let the Guppy go.. wonder if it was a mix of catching the guppy at that weird angle and the needed for air... as soon he let go he went up for air... False alarm guys. Guppy is still alive = (

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Give it some time, your little guy is gonna eat him eventually.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store