Keeping Red Bellied Piranhas With freshwater Moray Eel And Walking Catfish

Megha

Feeder Fish
Mar 28, 2019
Hi I just introduced my two red bellied Piranhasabout 4 inches and 20-23cm long snowflake moray eel with my already existing full grown two walking catfishs. After I introduced them my W. Catfishs didn't bother my eel but it was disturbing my 2 Piranhas. I did put some mud and sand to the aquarium with was already filled with fancy aquarium stones for my track eel to burrow. I added some plants also. But last day a few hours after adding my fish I could see the water became completely muddy and all plants were uprooted, therefore I changed most of the water today but I found my piranhas always hiding in the caves and also disturbed by my catfishs although not so often. But my eel isn't disturbed by other fishes. So will they all go together?

Megha

Feeder Fish
Mar 28, 2019
I recently found out something horrible the eel which I brought was sold as an fresh water eel they too didn't mention any specific name of it. I searched all the sites and thought it to be tire track or spotted eel. From last day I was seeing my eel breathing heavily and it had come up to a slab originally made for my turtles which was only immersed a few cm under water. Today I took some pics of it and I relireal it was a brackish water moray eel. From I increased the water level above the slab but it is breathing more profusely and I added aquarium saltto the water, see salt was unavailable. I am seeing that it's health was further detoreating and added unther oxygen pump. I don't know it will make it out or not. But I just hope the best I know that it was kept in freshwater in fish shop for so many days and it's difficult now to make it survive it was also kept in a 30 cm small wooden box with another eel in shop. I have tried my best to make it feel better from making water brackish to adding another oxygen pump but don't see any improvement I don't know it will be alive till tomorrow or not
:(

Megha

Feeder Fish
Mar 28, 2019
I am seeing after a few hours it wasn't
coming near the water surface and it is moving at the base of the tank occasionally and it is also breathing normally. I saw my catfishs are quiter and both piranhas and them weren't nothing each other as in the previous days. Someone times when I give them food Piranhas may be chased by the clarias but now they arent so aggressive to each other. I just hope that my eel becomes much more better and it could dwell on my tank. I am introducing more cavess so that each of them gets there individual space for refuge. Any ideas what I should feed to my eel its neither excepting worms nor meat or fish. ItsI condition seems better but I should make it feed really soon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store