DJ-EGGNOGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2018
Hello all!

I am slowly stocking my 150 gallon tank and I was wondering if a BGK would be detrimental to the health of my other fish. I currently have six 1.5-2" clown loaches, and four angelfish. I will be adding 3-4 ropefish, and 1-2 bichirs, and maybe 1-2 pearl gouramis. My question is whether the BGK could peacefully coexist with these or if it would be aggressive. I would buy a tank bred BGK (and Bichir for that matter). Let me know what you all think about this!

(On a side note, I want to add maybe one or two more angels, would they like it better to have 5 or 6, would pairs be better or worse?)

Thank you!

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
angelfish pairs may become aggressive if they start breeding.
BGKs are non aggressive as long as they have their own cave or hiding place.
Mine is totally fine unless the fire eel decides he wants to be in the cave then the BGK becomes and very good looking monster :)

DJ-EGGNOGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2018
angelfish pairs may become aggressive if they start breeding.
BGKs are non aggressive as long as they have their own cave or hiding place.
Mine is totally fine unless the fire eel decides he wants to be in the cave then the BGK becomes and very good looking monster :)
I have a big piece of driftwood with a 6" wide by 5" high by 2' long opening in the bottom and a similar size rock cave, and a decent amount of plants, so he should have lots of places to hide. So should I add another pair of angels or just one more?

Thank you!

Davidiator

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
At home
I would add no more but if you must than just 1 more.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
as far as aggression my BGK isn't aggressive with any of my ropes, bichirs, and eels. But sometimes will chase someone out of his hide and sometimes will share

Reactions: DJ-EGGNOGG

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
BGK should be safe with your stock. If anything, the Angels might pick on the BGK if they start to breed. There aren't any tank bred BGKs on the market that I know of. They're all WC. Just give multiple hiding spot for the

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store