Knowledge required.. aquired 3hrs ago Leichardti saratoga. (arowana)

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
Watch your Nitrates. My S Aro got cloudy eye from the nitrates going up and I am still healing him. So I would defiantly watch for that. Also try feeding pellets.
Nitrates are sweet as mate that tank he is in is stable massive bio load for the stock thats in it. All smiles. The 6ft that i plan to have him in for a few months though is under alot of strain biologically. Im thinking once i take the jag pair out the sand driftwood leaves n branches. It will naturally with weekly wc go back to alkaline and bio will be able to get back on top of things.

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
Watch your Nitrates. My S Aro got cloudy eye from the nitrates going up and I am still healing him. So I would defiantly watch for that. Also try feeding pellets.
Nitrates are sweet as mate that tank he is in is stable massive bio load for the stock thats in it. All smiles. The 6ft that i plan to have him in for a few months though is under alot of strain biologically. Im thinking once i take the jag pair out the sand driftwood leaves n branches. It will naturally with weekly wc go back to alkaline and bio will be able to get back on top of things.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Those Australian aros are the meanest sobs in the aro family and turn to killing machines around 8”s you will obviously need a much bigger tank for your aro as your gt or any other fish will not be able to hang with him as a adult.
My understanding is that reputation is awarded to Jardinis.

OP, congrats on your new Lei. BTW, that's an older picture of mine in the avatar.

Oz fish guy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2018
Yeah your definitely right. My male jag was a nutter at night. Would go full kill mode no retreat! George however is no jag and he is only agro towards me.. like i cant walk past the tank without him splashing and face scraping trying to get me.. sounds rough but hes chilled as towards fish surprisingly.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Don’t put him in with the GT cichlid. The GT will rip him up. Lei aro at this size is very skittish and jumpy. Lei will be more bullet proof at 13”+. From what I have been reading is that Lei aro tend to be more docile than jardini aro. Make sure you seal the top well. Get him eating and fatten the fish up quickly.

As for water I didn’t do any adjustment. I just let the fish adjust to my hard water. I believe there is more harm messing with pH than letting the fish acclimate to your local water pH.

Reactions: Oz fish guy

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
As for water I didn’t do any adjustment. I just let the fish adjust to my hard water. I believe there is more harm messing with pH than letting the fish acclimate to your local water pH.
I would agree that this is generally true. Less of a headache in the long run.

Reactions: Oz fish guy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store