Longterm Oscar bloat - what can be done?

eligri

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2023
Bad update. On my way home today, and the sitter has informed me that his bloat has SEVERELY increased, despite 30-50% feedings.

What more can I do? I will be dosing the whole tank with Metro and Prazi. Can I do both at full strength at the same time?

received_594483212696349.jpeg

received_925717551905199.jpeg

received_960690421610265.jpeg

eligri

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2023
I have 2 hours before rushing to the airport. Anything I should buy before going back home? My home country has virtually nothing available.

eligri

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2023
Unfortunately he passed away this morning. There was slime and bubbles along the surface of the tank, and his bloat had decreased.
I believe some of his organs had been failing, as he seemed unable to digest anything at all (despite very small and limited feedings).

I can find some joy in knowing he passed peacefully during the night, with no added stress nor external injuries from the other fish. As soon as the ground thaws out I will give him a proper burial in my garden.

Thank you everybody for your suggestions and support, I really appreciate it

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Unfortunately he passed away this morning. There was slime and bubbles along the surface of the tank, and his bloat had decreased.
I believe some of his organs had been failing, as he seemed unable to digest anything at all (despite very small and limited feedings).

I can find some joy in knowing he passed peacefully during the night, with no added stress nor external injuries from the other fish. As soon as the ground thaws out I will give him a proper burial in my garden.

Sorry for your loss.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I am so sorry for your loss.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC

So sorry...been there, done that. Reminds me of when my chocolate Bobo died. Her body got very hot and heated up the bucket she was in. It makes me wonder if there's some kind of bacterial/gas reaction that happens internally.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store