MARBLED/CALICO CONVICT BREEDERS - INFO / GENETICS THREAD

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I guess the orange is not showing up in the pics.

I'm not sure what you mean - you said there were no pink - but the female you show is a pink. If a pink convict has no marbling, it's a .... pink.

So, those two are the parents. What did the fry turn out to be ?

No their wasn't pink at all. I have a pink male paired with her other sister and they look completely different from each other.

The two in the pic are new parents. Not the parents of my het females. I'm not sure what the fry are they are still eggs. Got about two days till harching

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Pink male and his het calico girl. The pic of the male isn't great but you see The difference.

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1360427305.149622.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1360427322.019139.jpg

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
A better side by side. they definitely aren't pinks its a complete different color tone. You probably can't see from the pics but in person you see it

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1360428001.385808.jpg

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
They are both pink convicts pure and simple. Yes, some will look different, just like the black ones. There will always be some variation.

Let's stick with the marbled theme though - so if yours produce marbled fry, I'd love to hear about it.

krustyart

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Doomie are the PINK and the "GOLD" related to each other? I'd be very interested to see the resulting colors of the babies if a PINK and "GOLD" were to be bred to each other. Who's to say that they are not two different and slightly differently expressed mutations that behave differently with marble causing all the controversy in Calico Genetics???

And no one can absolutely say that they are NOT unless proven otherwise no matter how adamant you would like to be so that it all fits into one persons opinions about genetics.

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
Fwprawn ill let you know I might get rid of them to make space for my cutteri fry I'm getting from dispatch273

Art they aren't related what so ever the female "gold" is from a friend and the pink is from Petco.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store