islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Still doing well. I really want to get a good video but so far only swims around when the lights are off
I must admit that I'm not really into catfish but that's for sure one of the cooler looking ones I've seen, love the pattern of its colors. Look fwd to seeing more pix as it grows. How big do they get?

Reactions: Iamfish

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
I must admit that I'm not really into catfish but that's for sure one of the cooler looking ones I've seen, love the pattern of its colors. Look fwd to seeing more pix as it grows. How big do they get?
All the info I can find says about 9 inches but there is so little info on this fish it could be a bit more

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
So instead of going into an empty cave the Porochilus meraukensis has decided that during the day he will just stick his head into a hole in the driftwood and stand straight up :ROFL:
IMG_1099.JPGIMG_1098.JPG

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Resembles the Siluridae movement to me. Or knife fish. Or eel. They can go forward and backward doing seemingly the same movement of the bottom fin.

Iamfish

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2018
Pennsylvania
www.instagram.com
So my basement is coming along. Got the electrical work done and got a ceiling put in, it is almost tank ready
Started removing sand from my current catfish tank and ordered an bunch of new caves
Debating what new fish to get I can't decide between Synodontis Clarias or maybe getting another platinum senegal bichir now that my cats are bigger, i could also wait to see what wes gets in in the future.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
The eeltail's tail end is tattered a bit. Hemibagrus or Synodontis doing?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store