Ammonia and Nitrate is fine
Changed water every 1 week 30%

Idk why it has ich and how do I cure it

IMG_0262.JPG

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Raise temp to 85 and add aquarium salt (make sure to disolve it in water first) 2 teaspoons per gallon. You can buy it at Walmart. Give it time and it will will look clear in a week or so. Just a heads up raising the temp will make the icks life cycle faster so it'll look bad for a bit. Good luck. And actually make sure your nitrates and ammonia levels are low or at zero. Flowerhorn are hardy fish so I don't think meds would be needed

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
Raise temp to 85 and add aquarium salt (make sure to disolve it in water first) 2 teaspoons per gallon. You can buy it at Walmart. Give it time and it will will look clear in a week or so. Just a heads up raising the temp will make the icks life cycle faster so it'll look bad for a bit. Good luck. And actually make sure your nitrates and ammonia levels are low or at zero. Flowerhorn are hardy fish so I don't think meds would be needed
Can i ask you a question Brandon?

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
That's what this forum is for. Go for it
Should I wait a couple months then move this flowerhorn to 30 gallon? Or move it now.

Because my tank is on the floor and yesterday the water leaked and it go down where the electricity is, like a box of it. I have no where to put my tank, and why the electricity is on the ground instead of higher? Idk but all I know is that my house was built in 1881, and We're using the top 1 most dangerous electricity. I was lucky it didn't leak in or go under the refrigerator.

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
Should I wait a couple months then move this flowerhorn to 30 gallon? Or move it now.

Because my tank is on the floor and yesterday the water leaked and it go down where the electricity is, like a box of it. I have no where to put my tank, and why the electricity is on the ground instead of higher? Idk but all I know is that my house was built in 1881, and We're using the top 1 most dangerous electricity. I was lucky it didn't leak in or go under the refrigerator.
My 30 gallon is in the same room but it is up on a counter or whatever you call it. And right next to the sink so it is easier and yeah.

Because I started to see cracks or glass kinda starting to break in my 55 gallon, because it's on the floor and I move it too much

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
The more you move the fish the more it will be stressed and the longer it's going to take your fish to heal. If your tank is leaking it would probably be in the best interest of your fish to get it to another tank before it drains out. And make sure that tank is not leaking onto an outlet.... that's got bad news written all over it. Make sure the parameters are good in the 30 gallon before you move it. That FH will be good in a 30 gallon for a few months before it needs moved. Good luck

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store