my flowerhorn has ich/ick

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
Even the tiny Walmart in the hood in my town carries it lol. You'll be fine. If they don't have it look for epsom salt. And to get the salinity out of a tank you need to scrub it pretty good and thoroughly clean all filters. I would not use the same substrate unless it his been washed very well
So do I wait for the ick to fall off completely then I put the salt in?

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
So have you not treated yet??? 2 teaspoons per gallon. You don't need to do a water change for a week or so. After a week do your normal water change but add salt at 2 teaspoons per gallon after you put the water back in

Khoi Ta

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2017
So have you not treated yet??? 2 teaspoons per gallon. You don't need to do a water change for a week or so. After a week do your normal water change but add salt at 2 teaspoons per gallon after you put the water back in
I put it in before it stick to the fish again. I can't put it in anymore because I wasted half the bag, I'll have to wait for it to fall off and free swim so I can kill it. It's on the fish so it can't be kill

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
I have no idea what you're talking about. Follow the directions we've given you. Google it if you don't believe us. Ich treatment on a Flowerhorn is pretty straight forward and results are rather quick provided you have the time, space and equipment to maintain a healthy FH. If you do not -you might want to consider re-homing to someone who does. Once the eyes get bad enough he could lose them. You don't have to wait for ANYTHING to start treatments with your tank.

Reactions: GamerChick5567
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store