New Hybrid Midas/Devil X Vieja

baxtor_lex

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2009
Peterborough
www.facebook.com
Hi guys!
Iv been out of the hobby now for quite some time but decided to snag myself a 5 foot tag, so when I went to get some fish, (Iv generally had cichlids or flowerhorns in the past) I saw a tank full of what I believe to be Red Devil X Synspilum.
I think that the breeder perhaps tried breeding some parrots as some of the fish from the same batch had the usual parrot body.
But wondered what other people felt? I absolutely love them already, in love with the male. As they were a good size I managed to sex them and they have already been courting (I'm guessing if the cross is what I think the male would be infertile)
Anyway! Hello again, and let me know what you all think!
Good to see you all again
Matt image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png

Simon_fh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2016
They look like they have rise queen and/or red devil in them but I'm definitely not a hybrid expert. The hybrids are so mixed up now that it's nearly impossible to determine the lineage of a fish without DNA testing.

best way to determine is to go back to the petstore and track down the breeder to find out for sure.

Simon

baxtor_lex

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2009
Peterborough
www.facebook.com
Thanks for replying.
I suspect the same as you, I asked the LFS and the breeder only mentioned that they are a devil hybrid. Either way the photos do no justice, my male is stunning, cannot wait for him to finish fading. Will keep you updated

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Not a rose queen. Hard to say what they are without knowing more information on parents and grandparents.

Walzon1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2016
Looks like a RD x barred midas or barred amphilophus species....really could be anything though it's all a guess

baxtor_lex

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2009
Peterborough
www.facebook.com
Looks like a RD x barred midas or barred amphilophus species....really could be anything though it's all a guess
Thanks for your reply, will defo have a look at the barred side of things.
Maybe it will become clearer as he grows, the female certainly looks like a average RD female so they havnt been crossed with much thankfully. Will keep everyone updated with this progress :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store