Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
Anyone here seen sausage party? It got put on Netflix and I must say...The hell did I just watch?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Genes don't determine behavior.
There's a genetic component
hello; This has been termed the "nature" vs. "nurture" effect in the past. There is more to behavior than just genes. I fully understand you reference to alcoholics as my father, my paternal grandfather, two of my uncles and at least one cousin were alcoholics. I turned out to not be one somehow. I bought a case a beer about a year and a half ago with four left. haven't had one since fall and likely will not have another till warm weather.

I tried to drink when young as that seemed the way I was supposed to live per my family. I made a decision to not drink enough to get drunk some decades ago. One beer and I quit for the day.

Seems to me the various propaganda lines started back in the 70's. There was a TV show I think named "Three's Company". A funny sit com. There have been other shows and movies that paved the way to a "new " way of thinking.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
you really think people wake up in the morning and say "I want to be g@y" not how it works (thats the best thing about facts you dont have to believe them)
It's not an overnight thing but it's not an innate predisposition. Your opinion wasn't formed from genetics why would sexual deposition be any different?

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
I have heard of it but have not seen it.
It was an alright film. The comedy was decent and so was the animation. Only a couple of scenes weirded me out as much as staring at your avi for too long lol.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
you really think people wake up in the morning and say "I want to be g@y" not
hello; No I doubt the decision is made overnight. Probably take a while and a permissive environment.
This comes to mind. I recorded a movie to watch later last weekend. It is a documentary I guess about the 12 year old girls who stabbed another girl because they were influenced by something called "the slenderman". have not watched it yet so do not have details. may be way off base but from what I saw in the news seemed like behavior influenced somehow.

I really do not know how the decisions are made nor how long it takes to make them. I do not as yet buy into the "born that way" argument.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It was an alright film. The comedy was decent and so was the animation. Only a couple of scenes weirded me out as much as staring at your avi for too long lol.
I probably won't be seeing it anytime soon as I am not a big comdey buf when it comes to movie watching.I did have my arm twisted into watching Central Intelligence the other day and I got a few laughs out of that.

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
its not a decision

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

jonah h2o

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2016
san diego California
ooh.. sorry I must have read incorrectly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store