Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Chicken livers? I dont recall seeing that as a KFC menu item.
Hello; Been over ten years since I ate at the KFC in Harlan KY but they had a buffett (sp) inside. They always had some fried chicken livers. After working on a friends old Porsche 911 we would go for a meal there. There is a KFC near me now in Middlesboro KY but I have not eaten at it since I moved ten years ago.

I use to fry up my own chicken livers at home and then make gravy from the leavings. Made my own drop biscuits to put the gravy onto. Probably as much artery clogging junk as a double burger but sure did taste good. I do not do that any more but now that I have thought about it???????

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
KFC will no longer use their "finger lickin good" slogan due to concerns that some patrons could actually contract COVID 19 as a result of licking their mitts.
Ridiculous how so many places are changing things due to covid that don’t need to be changed and or are likely to be changed back once it’s over.

52EFF99A-D1B8-4E63-A29E-7C9092E617B8.png
I would have assumed the dictionary would have made it a word by now.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hello; Been over ten years since I ate at the KFC in Harlan KY but they had a buffett (sp) inside. They always had some fried chicken livers. After working on a friends old Porsche 911 we would go for a meal there. There is a KFC near me now in Middlesboro KY but I have not eaten at it since I moved ten years ago.

I use to fry up my own chicken livers at home and then make gravy from the leavings. Made my own drop biscuits to put the gravy onto. Probably as much artery clogging junk as a double burger but sure did taste good. I do not do that any more but now that I have thought about it???????
Go on and treat yourself.Its not like you eat like that all the time.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I never cared for the food at KFC too much. My mom was a fried chicken magician & they didn't compare.
(And she was working with USAF commissary chicken most times.)

My daughter worked at the local KFC one summer. After hearing how it all works, there was no wonder about the food quality.
And little chance I'll be tempted to sample such in the future.

tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
Ridiculous how so many places are changing things due to covid that don’t need to be changed and or are likely to be changed back once it’s over.
The public's reaction doesn't match the facts given to us by the media. According to those numbers, at this rate, by the end of the year, deaths due to COVID-19 will not even reach 0.1% (annually) ... that is 30,000 deaths / 330,000,000 Americans = 0.1% or 1 in 1,000.

In fact, 2/3 of the way through the year we currently have 180,000 US deaths. 180,000 x 1.3 (rest of year) gives an annual death rate of 0.073% ... or 1 in 1,375.

It makes no sense to mandate the wearing of masks in public everyday for a year because there is a 1 in 1,375 chance of death from a virus. Moreover, wearing masks can, according to theory, prolong the 'epidemic' (0.073% is NOT a pandemic) and increase the chances of reinfection in those who have already been infected ... this time from a different strain of the virus as a result of mutation over a needlessly prolonged time-frame.

In addition, the chances of sicknesses (and deaths) resulting from people wearing masks e.g., emotional difficulties due to detachment/isolation, increases in drug/alcohol use, interruption of daily life, business and schools closing their doors, etc. are far greater than those of death from the virus and take a far greater toll on the population by a large margin.

Just my two cents ... but I think mandating the wearing of masks is absolutely 100% crazy considering the facts. I wonder if others have similar views.

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
The public's reaction doesn't match the facts given to us by the media. . .
If everybody hadn't slept through algebra they'd have realized this months ago.
(And much else as well.)
But it's easy to fool an uneducated population about anything they don't like.

Just make that the center of all discussion and a constant, dedicated abuse, until people go nuts (because they can only absorb so much horrific reality.)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
The roster changes as people come and go, remember this forum has been around for 16 years now!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well,the powers that be are going to allow inside dining at restaurants throughout the city starting next week so no more sitting at tables in parking lots lol.....thing is patrons will be rquired to provide personal information in the interest of contact tracing.....NOPE,no thanks,not going for that crap.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store