Peacock Bass Help

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
RD. RD. @RD. Do you have any suggestions on meds available in the states that cures hexamita?
Yes, but here's my suggestion - stop using a shotgun approach at treating your fish with meds, especially at this point as it seems to be slowly healing and is now eating. Additional meds = additional stress, so unless you are certain that your fish is suffering from a specific ailment, I would leave well enough alone and chalk this up as a lesson learned. Most fish don't do well under a chronic state of stress.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Yes, but here's my suggestion - stop using a shotgun approach at treating your fish with meds, especially at this point as it seems to be slowly healing and is now eating. Additional meds = additional stress.
I agree with that but if you zoom in on the pics it looks like this fish have got more holes then from the start. I can be wrong but it looks like that. Im not a big fan of meds at all but with hex i usually treat directly.

Reactions: KelberiFishLover19

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I agree with that but if you zoom in on the pics it looks like this fish have got more holes then from the start. I can be wrong but it looks like that. Im not a big fan of meds at all but with hex i usually treat directly.
To my eyes the holes appear to be healing, and filling in. The OP stated the same a number of posts back; "Holes are healing."

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
To my eyes the holes appear to be healing, and filling in. The OP stated the same a number of posts back; "Holes are healing."
Yes he did state that. As i said i might be wrong but to my eyes it looks like there is more holes.
You are the man when it comes to hexamita thats why i asked for your advice in this case. Ive treated it successfully a couple of times with diffrent meds that targets hexamita but that it. Never had any big issues with it and always treated in an early stage.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
My eyes aren't the best, and the OP has seen the damage close up since it began, so I am mostly going by what they are saying.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
My eyes aren't the best, and the OP has seen the damage close up since it began, so I am mostly going by what they are saying.
My eyes might trick me atm i dont know. Im at work doing my fourth night graveyard with little to none sleep yesterday. As for the HiH ive seen personally new holes appear without any nasty wounds. They just pops up like an black hole. Thats what i reacted to in these new pictures.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
If the fish appears to be healing you may indeed want to hold on the meds and see if it keeps progressing. I thought you used the general cure?
Anyway, at this stage clean water and maybe some salt would be the best. The metro in the general cure is what fights the hex.
But at this stage the meds may be adding to the stress as related above. Sounds like she is eating well. It's possible the immune system can take it from here. Monitor/ observe.

KelberiFishLover19

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2018
If the fish appears to be healing you may indeed want to hold on the meds and see if it keeps progressing. I thought you used the general cure?
Anyway, at this stage clean water and maybe some salt would be the best. The metro in the general cure is what fights the hex.
But at this stage the meds may be adding to the stress as related above. Sounds like she is eating well. It's possible the immune system can take it from here. Monitor/ observe.
Yes he did state that. As i said i might be wrong but to my eyes it looks like there is more holes.
You are the man when it comes to hexamita thats why i asked for your advice in this case. Ive treated it successfully a couple of times with diffrent meds that targets hexamita but that it. Never had any big issues with it and always treated in an early stage.
I did use general cure. Only one dose though because that’s all I had. There has been no new holes in 5 days or so. I am going to continue to feed and maybe sneak a few pellets in the tilapia but not dose anything for a few days and see what happens.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store