Pickerel tank mate idea

Esox923

Feeder Fish
Sep 18, 2016
hey man, I'm in Aurora also. I've fished the Fox my whole life caught dozens of muskie, but I've never came across a grass pickerel. Would you help guide me to a spot around here?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Grass pickerel is about 5 to 6 inches the Redfin is just a tad smaller. I know they'll eat anything they possibly can but the size difference with the two I didn't think it would happen and hasn't been a problem to this point.
wow. I've never seen this. I had grass pickerel together with easily 3-4" size difference, and never had an issue. I wonder if it has something to do with the subspecies being different and the fish knowing that...hmm

Texas321

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2016
wow. I've never seen this. I had grass pickerel together with easily 3-4" size difference, and never had an issue. I wonder if it has something to do with the subspecies being different and the fish knowing that...hmm
Yeah he was always fine with the others. He wouldn't mess with anything unless it was small feeder fish. Wish I would of seen him attempt it so I could remove him before it happpened....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store