Possible broken neck

Adoan92

Feeder Fish
Oct 25, 2019
Hello everyone!

I currently have a 7 inch Jardini whom seems to have broken his neck sometime while I was at work today...He was swimming a little different today so I took a closer look at him. After examining for some time, I noticed that he seems to be stuck looking more to the right. When he swims straight, he tends to lean towards the right also. Looking at him head on, I can see a curve around the front. He turns perfectly fine when making right turns but when making left turns, he struggles a bit more. I’ve searched everywhere on YouTube and the interest and have decided to ask here after Creating an account. I’ve only owned him for a week now and the poor thing probably broke his neck running into the tank...

Arowana size: 7inches
Tank size: 4x1.5x2 (just a grow out tank. Getting a 8foot tank from a friend in about 6months when he gets his monster tank.)
Water perimeters: pH=7.2, ammonia: 0, nitrate: 0 and nitrite: 0.

I hope some of you can help me resolve this problem... I feel so bad that he might be in pain...

2B644579-54E6-4F41-B6C0-D44E3CBAFAB9.jpeg

D44A8CFD-FDDE-49E2-AB0A-E12753DF7DB1.jpeg

D580BA8C-2FC9-4D97-989E-A99965ADDEBC.jpeg

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Sorry to see this and hope your fish can still live ok, getting that bigger tank should help, good luck and plz show us some updates/pix when you have that set up.

Reactions: Adoan92

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
If he has a difficult time eating it might be a problem but if he can still aim + eat w/o struggling to get food in his mouth he'll be good & hoping he doesn't get discouraged by not being able to get at live foods as aggressively.

Adoan92

Feeder Fish
Oct 25, 2019
If he has a difficult time eating it might be a problem but if he can still aim + eat w/o struggling to get food in his mouth he'll be good & hoping he doesn't get discouraged by not being able to get at live foods as aggressively.
I’m very worried for what you said above... he loved eating dried krills and has not eaten a single piece for the past 3 days... maybe he’s still in shock?

Adoan92

Feeder Fish
Oct 25, 2019
There are many alternatives to live food that your aro won't have to chase. Good luck
What do you recommend? I’m really worried that he lost appetite for the past 3 days... he was a strong eater too. When I first got him, he instantly ate the following day. Disregarding what the lady at my LFS saying that he might starve himself for about a week being in new water.

Bonytang

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2018
I’m very worried for what you said above... he loved eating dried krills and has not eaten a single piece for the past 3 days... maybe he’s still in shock?
3 days new injury i agree. Aro can be ok for weeks w/out food though now it's adapting to restricted movement, learning body limitations/dealing w/ pain, and yea feeling pretty freaked out. -- Realy shouldn't be eating only live food anyways though for now probably consider live insects vs fish, by the time he's adjusted he'll be starving so good time to introduce pellets.

Reactions: islandguy11
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store